• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone do any Hog Hunting?

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’ve been on three trips to Texas to hunt hogs and have a forth planned this October with a few guys and wondered how many other hog hunters there are out there.

We’ll be hunting with thermals this time and are looking forward to a good time!

Am I the only one who likes shooting bacon when I’m not boating?

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If I lived down there I definitely would be but to pay for a non-resident lic/tags I'll pass. Hunted whitetails in MO, once and that was enough for me.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If I lived down there I definitely would be but to pay for a non-resident lic/tags I'll pass. Hunted whitetails in MO, once and that was enough for me.
I think last year they determined you no longer need a license to hunt hogs in Texas. They have become such a nuisance that hunting them is considered pest control.

warengryn

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@AboveTheBest This is the first time I have heard about boar hunting in those places, although I understand that this is my problem. Every hunter dreams of getting a trophy in the form of a wild boar carcass, but not everyone succeeds. Having calculated all your actions to the smallest detail, you can return from hunting with nothing. If you are just a beginner hunter, it is better to practice shooting at the smaller game - hare, fox, duck, pheasant. To get a boar, you need professional skills and certain knowledge. That's all I know about this hunt. I hunt deer most of the time. The other day I decided to go hunting again, so I bought myself a new gun https://ballachy.com/best-rifle-scope-anti-cant-devices /. I think I should also hunt wild boars. Maybe you can even do it with me! Good luck in your hunt!

Last edited:

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Where are you hunting? I go over to Independence Ranch at least once a year with my sons, my grandson, and son-in law. We have a great time. My biggest one last year was 345 lbs.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@AboveTheBest This is the first time I have heard about boar hunting in those places, although I understand that this is my problem. Every hunter dreams of getting a trophy in the form of a wild boar carcass, but not everyone succeeds.
Hog hunting is all over Texas. The last two years I was in the Dallas area and before that I went down to Southern Texas. Lots of pigs in the state.
There are a few of us that go and we all have thermal sights on our rifles. It’s a pretty good time but I’d love to find a place where I’m not paying to hunt for the weekend (guided hunts).

I think it’s a big business down there now, but if you can get in with the right landowner they’re probably thrilled to have someone come in and help thin the heard.

Feral hogs can devastate farmland and are a severe nuisance anywhere they’re found.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hog hunting is all over Texas. The last two years I was in the Dallas area and before that I went down to Southern Texas. Lots of pigs in the state.
There are a few of us that go and we all have thermal sights on our rifles. It’s a pretty good time but I’d love to find a place where I’m not paying to hunt for the weekend (guided hunts).

I think it’s a big business down there now, but if you can get in with the right landowner they’re probably thrilled to have someone come in and help thin the heard.

Feral hogs can devastate farmland and are a severe nuisance anywhere they’re found.
You can probably get land owners to pay you for culling the hogs. They are a nuisance here.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You can probably get land owners to pay you for culling the hogs. They are a nuisance here.
Next time you run into one let them know you know a Marine with a Wildlife Biology degree that would be happy to help him with his problem :)

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Or an old Colorado cowboy who was transplanted to Houston.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Only when they are in my pool and then they get the 2x4 to the skull as often as it takes!