• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone else ever had a squeaky steering wheel when turning?

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My 218 242XE has a slight squeaking noise when turning the steering wheel. Anyone ever had this happen? What’s the best fix? Thanks!

Is it squeaking or doesn't it sound like rubbing sort of? Where exactly is the sound coming from?

Is it squeaking or doesn't it sound like rubbing sort of? Where exactly is the sound coming from?

More of a squeak like you would typically need to spray WD40 on something kind of a sound. Don’t want to make a mess spraying if it wouldn’t fix it or help the problem though.

Try some kind of armor all protectant/ tire shine that way you can wipe clean any overspray.

I had a squeak on my 2018 ar240. Took off the center cap on the steering wheel and loosened the wheel nut then sprayed some wd40 on the stud and let it soak. Put it back together and no more squeak. Been over a year now no problems.

I had a squeak on my 2018 ar240. Took off the center cap on the steering wheel and loosened the wheel nut then sprayed some wd40 on the stud and let it soak. Put it back together and no more squeak. Been over a year now no problems.
Chiming in here.. I have similar issue with tight steering when going in no wake or minimum wake zone. NewBoater did sandcriek suggestion work?
I need to make my steering less tight and no more squeaking.

Back