• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Yamaha Articulating Keel Removal

For anyone else who may come here looking to remove that, I did 1 that was frozen solid. It's not hard to remove the entire assembly from the hull. Its 4 nuts from the inside, access from the cleanout tray. Then I use a razor to cut the silicone behind it and pried it out with a flathead screw driver. Reassembly is easy, I used 4200 on the backside to seal it. But with the assembly out, a oxy acetylene torch and a large punch will remove that pin. I cleaned it up nice and put fresh bushings in it. Nice and smooth now.

Just did the same, now need to get 4200 seal. I have a 2020 AR240. Thank you

Let us know how it works out! I'd like to keep the low speed tracking with my cobras but remove the AK because of potential damage at the sandbar with heavy waves.

Let us know how it works out! I'd like to keep the low speed tracking with my cobras but remove the AK because of potential damage at the sandbar with heavy waves.
Did you have any issues or know someone that had issues with the sandbard and waves with the AK?

Did you have any issues or know someone that had issues with the sandbard and waves with the AK?

The owner of cobra recommended to me to remove my articulating keel when mine was stuck because it could potentially break and the linkage could damage other steering parts as well. I decided to keep it in because I never pull up to sandbars. I can't comment if the articulating keel makes a difference, but I really like how my boat steers now. I don't have to put constant input at no wake speeds.

I'm not aware that people have had issues, but I have been at sandbars facing busy channels with my boat backed in and if there were some big rollers coming in I could tell my keel was hitting the bottom - super hard to push out a boat at that point too! I'd also love to have some of the playfulness of the jet with the stability I need for my wife when she drives...

Back