• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone else is Destin this week?

Earfixr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Here for 8yr old world series all week. Saw another fsh190 on a trailer and a ton of ski boats near crab island. The current was ripping! The fishing was not as good as previous trips.

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We're going down this Saturday 6/30, but without the boat. I've never been over to Crab Island, but have wanted to. I saw there's water taxis that'll take you over there from the harbor area. What's there to do out there, if you don't have a boat?

Earfixr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Think Cocktail Cove without the cove. Its basically a triangular sand bar where the inlet channel spills into the bay. Only 1.5-3’ deep over roughly 10 acres.

Anchor up and make it happen Captain. They have floating bars, grills, dance floors and obstacle courses for the kids. The ice cream truck dingy is a nice touch. $16/12oz frozen drinks are not cheap but worth it.

Bring everything you might even almost need. Get there early. At 9:00every idiot with $400 to their name rents a pontoon boat and heads over from the harbor. Its fun to watch from a safe distance as they run aground, run over anchor lines, try to anchor, or just try to navigate a double decker pontoon in 20 knot wind. Keep the kids away from them at all cost for sure.

Bring binoculars and a sense of humor. The current can be insane at times and watch for tidal swings as the entire island feathers with the current.

You want a boat out there. Trust me. Water taxi will drop you off but it will suck being out there with no place to relax and/or get out of the sun. Bring a big ice chest for water and adult beverages for anyone not driving. A head is a super great idea on your boat too. You will be out there all day.

It is idle speed/no wake zone from the harbor out past crab island. Follow those signs. The Coasties are stationed 400 yards West of crab island and the floating sheriff has a navy full of center consoles waiting to give out speeding tickets.

Bring your boat. The gulf is beautiful and you can get to secluded beaches that are tourist free by boat only.

Cheers

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Not in Destin, Panama City Beach is home. Destin, Crab Island, is good but there is a movement afoot to stop all vendors from selling on Crab Island. Its still good. Shell Island, PCB, is a lot of fun also.

Grassman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just left there last Sunday. Plenty of redfish off the point of the jetty at the coast guard station. Just stay outside the buoys.

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hmmmm, me thinks Crab Island is basically a costal version of an inland lake's "Party Cove" and not kid-friendly. I'd love to take my boat down there, but hauling it 7 hours from Nashville would be costly and I won't have anywhere in the Sandestin resort to park it anyway. It would probably be cheaper to just rent a pontoon somewhere down there for 4 or 8 hours. I'll have to look into that.

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Shell island in PCB is basically the same, I go there on the weekends and it is kid friendly. Mostly family's, except during Wayne Apalooza. Hit me up if you come to PCB.

Earfixr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Coheeba, nothing like a new revenue $tream to get the local political class involved. I did have to emergency rescue 3 people on Monday. 2 were drunk drifting out to Cuba and 1 was trying to rescue another drunk when he underestimated the current himself. It can be kid friendly if you anchor away from the bars. We had an entire little league team out there all day Monday with zero problems. If you will only be in town for a few it may be easier to rent a pontoon. We’re here for 8 days and could park our boat for free. Made pulling it a no-brainer. Plus getting out early to fish was worth it.

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
If ever needed...You can always call Sue down at the storage lot right next to the Destin Marina.
I used to use it years ago before I started renting a place with a dock. Very basic but maybe 30 yards from the ramp. Had a few outlets for charging and a hose for washing up at the end of the day. Worked well for me.
I lost her number but the marina is (850) 837-2470 and they will be happy to put you in touch with her.

Earfixr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Golden nugget right there!
If ever needed...You can always call Sue down at the storage lot right next to the Destin Marina.
I used to use it years ago before I started renting a place with a dock. Very basic but maybe 30 yards from the ramp. Had a few outlets for charging and a hose for washing up at the end of the day. Worked well for me.
I lost her number but the marina is (850) 837-2470 and they will be happy to put you in touch with her

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm here, but unfortunately will be working all weekend. Enjoy your time. If I can help you out with anything, let me know.