• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone else make Espresso at home?

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I like a strong cup o Joe. I travel to the middle east 3 or 4 times a year and those folks can make some awesome 'better than any starbucks' coffee like it's nothing.

I refuse to pay starbucks prices and finally got tired of regular brewed coffee...Didn't want to spend a fortune on a machine either. So I Picked up this bad boy for 180.00.

What a great little machine. Automatically makes the frothed milk, good strength to the espresso (with the right grind of course) It's quick and simple cleanup. The milk container just pops out and goes in your fridge when your done. I was afraid that would be a PITA to cleanup every time, not the case.

Money well spent. Tamp and froth on my brethren...who's with me?

Yes, I realize I'm opening myself up to foo-foo coffee haters who will label me as an elitist because I don't drink black folgers out of a cup that never gets washed....Bring it on, I'm thick skinned.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have become addicted to the "Americano". I don't have one every day, but I would say 4 out of 7 days I drink one. Sadly I have an espresso machine, but usually I just go to Starbucks and grab one, there's are perfect every time. I work from home, so it's a nice coffee break for me to run up to starbucks and grab a small or medium (sorry I refuse to use Satrbucks terminology for cup sizes).

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Good on ya...I love coffee. I drink Guatamala antigua, from starbucks in my home brewer, and we have a saeco profi estro, a model starbucks sanctioned years ago. But, it still
Makes great espresso, we just don't have it everyday. Foo foo coffee is ok by me!

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am with you. I travelled to Germany 15 years ago and got introduced to the fully automatic espresso machines. My latest machine is a Delonghi Magnifica XS. The machine gets turned on in the morning and you press a button when you want either an espresso, americano, or coffee. Be careful if you go this route though because you will never go back.

That reminds me, I need another shot of espresso

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I can relate!!! I have a coffee problem... I have one of these + Illy Medium Roast delivered to the house!!! :happy:

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I do wish this thing would make an Americano. Seems like it would have been simply for them to incorporate that.

@steined that machine looks serious. Maybe one day I'll upgrade.

EDIT - Googled it...1,700.00 :wideyed: YIKES.

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
And I bought one of these for the office:

And it's rare to justify things like this and have it pay out, but the home unit has certainly paid for itself. You can get it for $1500 at times at wholelattelove.Com 14262485272391338156735.jpg

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have 2 nespresso pixi and they are great. You pay the premium for the simplicity buy it's pretty quick and easy.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
And I bought one of these for the office:

And it's rare to justify things like this and have it pay out, but the home unit has certainly paid for itself. You can get it for $1500 at times at wholelattelove.Com View attachment 18312
Holy Espresso Batman! How long did it take you to rack up 878 espressos and 1200 coffees??

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
So the auto ma Hines won't
Make Americano? Make espresso and add hot water?

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Holy Espresso Batman! How long did it take you to rack up 878 espressos and 1200 coffees??
I've had it just over 2 years. I got it for the wife for Valentine's day in 2013. So roughly 3.6 coffee drinks per day :) 2,621 coffee drinks * some average price of say $2 = $5,300. Now I wouldn't have likely consumed that much if I had to go to Starbucks every day, but again, it's rare for something like this to actually "save money". Of course this doesn't count the cost of coffee itself which I think is somewhere around $1000!!! It's better to just not think about it.

But however you do it, it's likely as good, better, and/or cheaper than Starbucks!

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow! No way my digestive tract could handle that quantity!! But, sounds like you made the right choice bringing it in house, especially when you factor gas to and from Starbucks.

I'm a hot tea drinker. I usually drink 2 cups of Earl Grey or English Breakfast each morning. My dad is a bee keeper so I always have about 4 quarts of fresh honey in the pantry, and this is what I use to sweeten the tea. Some mornings I'll start with a cup of Earl Grey, then drive up to Starbucks (maybe 2 miles away) and have an Americano and sit and work on my iPad or laptop in the Starbucks for 30 min to an hour.

What blows my mind is I can buy a box of 20 tea bags from Walmart for around $2.50 a box, but you order a hot tea at Starbucks and you will pay $2.80!

Last edited:

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
illy coffee is badass by the way....anyone who makes espresso needs to try it.

IvanS

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
My wife is a espresso fanatic, me tired of spending a lot of money on Starbucks (all that money could've be used for the boat) I decided to invest in the Breville 800ESXL (pictured below). OMG I nailed it, every person that taste the espresso have to give me some kind of compliment. Now my wife is happy and my pocket too :)
I don't work for them, nor they are paying me to endorse their product but I have to admit that I highly recommend this machine and in the long run the investment will be rewarded.
breville.jpg

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think @Bruce has one of these that runs off a battery on his boat. Wait, maybe that is something else......:rolleyes: Oh, yes, it is a smoothie maker, the opposite of coffee. Give him time, and it will be on his boat.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am surprised that @Rana has not insisted on having her keurig on the boat.