• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone else running Continental Terrain Contact A/T's?????

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Simple, I consider you one of the best educated and best informed members here and, consequently, I never want to miss out as I always like to learn. I'm very competitive myself.

--
Thanks for the compliments, I appreciate that. I consider you on the same lists, arguably higher up!

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Update on my end:
Decided to pull the trigger on some LT 275/70/18 E Goodyear Wrangler All-terrain w/Kevlar. My tire guy said they should be just as good as the Nitto & other popular AT tires out there. When I purchased them, GY had rebates available with the only catch being you had to put on their credit card. Easy enough I figured so I got a card and payed the bill as soon as it showed. Total price out the door was $770.
As of now I’ve got 20k on them and they are wearing well, figure I’ll get 60k or more out of them(hopefully).

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Update on my end:
Decided to pull the trigger on some LT 275/70/18 E Goodyear Wrangler All-terrain w/Kevlar. My tire guy said they should be just as good as the Nitto & other popular AT tires out there. When I purchased them, GY had rebates available with the only catch being you had to put on their credit card. Easy enough I figured so I got a card and payed the bill as soon as it showed. Total price out the door was $770.
As of now I’ve got 20k on them and they are wearing well, figure I’ll get 60k or more out of them(hopefully).
Awesome feedback.

Sadly I sold off my Sierra about 2.5mo after putting new tires on it. Hope the next guy is enjoying them :(

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sadly I sold off my Sierra about 2.5mo after putting new tires on it. Hope the next guy is enjoying them :(
That’s usually the way it goes, put $$ into it & sell it

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thinking that’s why I need to buy new tires, so I can get a new vehicle. 😂 I’m not sure why but it never seems to fail, when you get new tires. Something changes and you end up getting a new vehicle. I’m holding out to see the new 4Runner’s, in hopes that they up the tow ratings. The new Sequoia coming out looks promising as well. However if looking at the Sequoia’s, Tahoe’s, Expedition’s I have a hard time not just getting the Suburban for the extra space.

Last edited:

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
One day I sat down and calculated out roughly how much I've spent on tires in my lifetime.......it was over $20k!!!!

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I haven’t spent that much but probably close. Before this last set I was up to $1400-1500 for 4 so the $770 this time felt like they were giving them to me.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One day I sat down and calculated out roughly how much I've spent on tires in my lifetime.......it was over $20k!!!!
I feel like this is one of those numbers I don't want to know. I've lost count of how many cars I've owned. I don't even want to think about how much I've spent on tires for all those things.

Kinda how EVERY SINGLE NIGHT when I set the alarm on my phone it tells me how long until it goes off. Dammit Google, I did not need to know right this moment that my alarm is set for 6hrs and 38min from now. I know I'm not getting enough sleep, but cheese and flippin rice, do you have to rub it in?

digitalthug916

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ve had several different sets of ATs on my truck/s. Continental terrain contact by far offered the best ride. I had them for 40k. Only problem was the soft rubber kept getting chunks torn out in the tread. They handled snow/gravel, even light off-roading well. Most quiet and best on road performance ever. They were quiet even at the 40k mark. 2nd best is Firestone destination at. Great traction in medium off-roading and quiet o road (when new). They got much louder as the tread wore down.

I’m currently running GY wrangler with Kevlar. I got them because they were 1/2 the cost of continentals. They’re also 1/2 as good.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are still loving the conti terrain contacts. Went through a blizzard in the mountains. Not a glitch with the tires. I put them on my tundra that tows the sxs. They do ok in towing. I'm running them at 28 psi, would love to put more air in them too tow. They ride way hard aired up like that.