• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone ever get the factory tower to fold lower?

DuaneP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
I have a 2014 195 scarab with the tower and am having an issue with the tower height. To get into our bay we need to go under some low bridges, and when the water level is high we do not fit. Is there a way to adjust the tower to lower another 6". I should be able to remove the light/tow from the top, that could get me maybe 3". Any insight would would help.
Thanks,
Duane

Scarab195.jpg

DuaneP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
I was able to lower it about 6" by adjusting the cable length (see image below). I have to open the widow let it go all the way down. I was also able to remove the light for a little more "breathing room".
20170528_185904383_iOS.jpg

Dutchess77

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Does yours have the knobs on each side at the bottom? On ours we just unscrew them and the tower folds forward to the windshield...