• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone ever ride a O'brien maha wakesurf board

thcole

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I found a good deal on one on overtons but cant find any reviews. I am looking for something a little better than my liquid force fish.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't own the Maha, but it looks very similar to the Fish except the longest version is 5'. The Fish is OK for a smaller wake and I think a shorter similar board wouldn't any better and perhaps worse, especially for heavier riders unless you have a good wake.

thcole

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just don't know what I want to get. Looking for a decent board for myself.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The bottom profile looks like my Byerly volt, which is a harder board to ride with a smaller wake. It does ride good with a moderate wake. The board does recover well and moves easy on the wake. I don't ride it as much as I should since I bought my Shred Stixx.

Last edited:

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ronix Koal Fish is a good reasonably beginner/intermediate board that should work well on a smaller wave. In my opinion, you really want the fastest board with the most floatation possible. That generally means "surf" constructed.

Yamaha242lsdallas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm in the same boat so-to-speak...I have a Liquid Force Fish 5'6" right now but even with around a 3' wake I cant ride it ropeless. I'm 220 LBS and it just does not seem the board is buoyant enough to give a good push. I was looking at the Slingshot Space Pickle and its advertised as for up to 250# riders. And its still a very good price.

thcole

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just bought the koal fish. But I was the same as you, I will update when the Pennsylvania weather breaks