• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone ever try Fan Duel or Draft Kings??

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I signed up on Fanduel just to see what happens and was wondering if anyone else has tried one of these sites and if they had any success??

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just in case you were wondering how I did at my first stab at this...

upload_2015-11-2_8-33-17.png

I put in $12.00 (had a prepaid visa card for some rebate that was $12, so it was kind of free money) Anyway, I spent $10 and as of today I have $53 coming back to me. One game I still have one player left so I might move up a little by tomorrow.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You did a hell of a lot better than me! I tried it last year and stunk! I think maybe I was picking harder games or something. It looks like you were picking bigger games to play, where as I was picking 50/50 games that had a limit to 100 players.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You did a hell of a lot better than me! I tried it last year and stunk! I think maybe I was picking harder games or something. It looks like you were picking bigger games to play, where as I was picking 50/50 games that had a limit to 100 players.
I still haven't figured it all out yet. Like what you mentioned about the 50/50 games and some of those the talk about 4 times the points or something like that?? And I have no idea how the qualifying tournaments work?? I guess you have to win one of those to be even considered for the bigger games?? Anyway, looks like I have a little of their money to play with for awhile.

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I play at draft king. I won $70 this weekend. I played two double ups and I finished first place in one and second place in the other. One double up had 11 players of the other has 34. I also played a heads up but I changed my original lineup and I ended up losing that. I love fantasy football but the daily is so much better because I don't have to worry about injuries or the waiver wire.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I play at draft king. I won $70 this weekend. I played two double ups and I finished first place in one and second place in the other. One double up had 11 players of the other has 34. I also played a heads up but I changed my original lineup and I ended up losing that. I love fantasy football but the daily is so much better because I don't have to worry about injuries or the waiver wire.
Okay, school me a little...what do you mean by "double up"?

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@mattschepker , did you have to provide your social security number to Draft Kings for proof of ID?? Fanduel just sent out a proof of identification and they are asking for my social?? I really don't feel comfortable with that.

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@mattschepker , did you have to provide your social security number to Draft Kings for proof of ID?? Fanduel just sent out a proof of identification and they are asking for my social?? I really don't feel comfortable with that.
No I never gave them my SS#

A 50/50 you pay $10 to play, your only going to win $8 for a total of $18.00. A double up is that, you play for $10 and you will win $10 for a total of $20. Draft kings gets a cut but a 50/50 usually has even #of players like 10,20,30 and so on. draft king still gets a cut on a double up but they add a extra player for every 10 players, so # of players will be 11,22,34 and so on. if you click on the contest name it should tell you the payouts and what you have to buy in for. My buddy plays draft kings as well and he told me to play double ups and not to play 50/50, b/c better return on your money with a double up

Freezer41

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I got lucky on my first play and won $25 still going on those winnings. Now I pretty much only enter $2 double ups.

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Put in $100 on FanDuel and after three weeks was up $525 and then with my A.D.D. I got bored with it and cashed out. LOL!!! I left $100 in to play with from time to time. It's fun!

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Put in $100 on FanDuel and after three weeks was up $525 and then with my A.D.D. I got bored with it and cashed out. LOL!!! I left $100 in to play with from time to time. It's fun!
When you cashed out did they ask for your social security number??

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When you cashed out did they ask for your social security number??
No because it was under $600, but my nephew told me last night at dinner that has changed because he cashed out at $350 and they wanted his SS#. He enquired about it and they say it is standard now for any amount. Kind of fishy!

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No because it was under $600, but my nephew told me last night at dinner that has changed because he cashed out at $350 and they wanted his SS#. He enquired about it and they say it is standard now for any amount. Kind of fishy!
My thoughts exactly. I have sent them a message stating that if they don't allow me to withdraw those funds, and I'm talking $63.40, I will report them to the Attorney General's office. And I will. They don't need my SS# to verify who I am...that is their reasoning right now. If I were to win some huge amount of money, different story but my SS# would then by on an IRS form not in their database. Did your nephew comply??

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My thoughts exactly. I have sent them a message stating that if they don't allow me to withdraw those funds, and I'm talking $63.40, I will report them to the Attorney General's office. And I will. They don't need my SS# to verify who I am...that is their reasoning right now. If I were to win some huge amount of money, different story but my SS# would then by on an IRS form not in their database. Did your nephew comply??
No it was only like 50 bucks and he ended up playing it down to zero, which is kind of what I'm thinking they want you to do so they can get your money vs paying you out.

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Uncle Sam always wants his cut. And if Uncle Sam determines that it is illegal gambling, you have now admitted that not only did you participate in it, you profited from it. Good luck with that. I think I'll stick to the office Super Bowl pool.

https://democrats-energycommerce.house.gov/newsroom/press-releases/pallone-calls-on-draftkings-fanduel-to-disclose-participant-tracking

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/06/fanduel-draftkings-scrutinized-over-access-to-inside-information/#comments

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
At first I thought this was something to do with me using a that prepaid credit card. But when a buddy of mine logged in and tried to log in he was also directed to give his SSN too. I really don't want to do this but someone else said that when you sign up for something like credit at a furniture store or something you give them your SSN. I thought that was an interesting point.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The SSN recording is surely due to the recent government scrutiny. I wouldn't worry about being involved in the gambling aspect as its not been ruled illegal yet. But, rest assured if you profit from it you better report your winnings!