• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone have an issue with their Perfect Pass turning on and off?

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I received my perfect pass stargazer system in April and installed it sometime in June. I have an issue where it just keeps turning on and off and will not stay powered in. Sometimes if I hit the on/off button it will stay powered on, but will not control the throttles.

dnicholas47

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have it on my boat and there are times that it won't power off per se like on your video, but it does not maintain the speed as if it lost connection. It will then speed up and slow down never stopping at the correct speed. It caused a few of my riders to fall as a result. The boat came with it, and it works most of the time, but it definitely has its flaws.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
that stinks! definitely call PP for guidance,

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I feel like PP will stand behind their product.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Return it like I did and install Ridesteady, you won't regret it. I've never looked back and Justin is awesome on support and questions, even years later with software updates (Throttle Sync).

dnicholas47

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How hard isit to disconnect PP and install Ridesteady if the person doing the work is electronically challenged so to speak?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Unfortunately it only works on certain boats,
Some of us PP is the only option

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Perfect pass is my only option. I purchased it from @JetBoatPilot, maybe they can help...

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'd be suspicious of connection/voltage issue, but as others have said, contact PP, and inform them of your issue. Also, in the back of the installation manual, there was a diagnostics section. Maybe check in there, and see if anything jumps out at you. PS, in my experience, PP has excellent customer service. I would call them first, to be honest. You'll get a higher degree of knowledge about the units. I have nothing but good to say about my experience with them...

Gary Allen, President
gary@perfectpass.com

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I contacted perfect pass. They advised it’s a low voltage issue and advised me to run a dedicated 12v power source and ground to the unit.... I did so and had no issues yesterday. We will see if issues arise again in a few weeks...

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's awesome! I had a suspicion it could be voltage related, as I recall seeing someone (can't recall who/where) say that low voltage can be the culprit of many strange issues with these units. Hopefully it rings true, and your troubles are over.