• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone Have Experience with JBL Amps?

Jerlane

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm looking for a five channel amp to power my four cabin speakers and a 10" JL IB M3 subwoofer. I'm not looking to blast anyone off the water.

The specs on the JBL MA4505 are pretty good and the price is right. I love the idea of having just one amp and not having to buy and wirer up two separately.

Thanks!

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
is there a 2ohm version of that sub?

Jerlane

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
didn't see any follow up posts, did you get your system installed?
i just got my second amp installed. added the infinity version (m4555a) to power my sub and tower speakers...sounds great, i'm pretty impressed. it puts out 320w to the sub, 130w to ea (bridged) tower speaker.

Jerlane

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
didn't see any follow up posts, did you get your system installed?
i just got my second amp installed. added the infinity version (m4555a) to power my sub and tower speakers...sounds great, i'm pretty impressed. it puts out 320w to the sub, 130w to ea (bridged) tower speaker.
The boat is in storage for the winter, so I haven’t had a chance to work on it. I’ll have it back in a month and will get after it then. Glad to hear you like yours.

IA_210SX

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have one that drives my sub woofer and one that drives my 6 speakers. Only problem I’ve ever had is corrosion on my battery bus bar causes a voltage drop and my 6 channel amp won’t turn on. Going with dielectric paste on the connections this year to reduce corrosion.