• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone have the Chevy 6.2 gas engine?

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Buy the 6.2 and put in 93 when you know yer going to be hauling the boat, That way you can keep annual fuel costs down.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had a 15 Silverado with the 6.2. The transmission had to be rebuilt, and then replaced. The 8 speed is junk
I had a 19 Sierra AT4 with the 6.2 10 speed. Absolutely loved it. I leased it and soon after that, took a new job with my company that requires a little more road time that would not allow me to keep a lease.

I bought a 2020 Silverado 2500 Dirtymax.

Between the 15 and 19, I had a Ram 2500. Loved the Cummins, again, trans was junk.

Once you go diesel, it's almost impossible to want to tow with a gasser again.
This is true! I traded down from a 2500 Duramax to a 1500 high country and the ~1k lb/ft torque is amazing. My towing need dropped way off the cliff when we got a wet slip on a 5 year term for renewal. My city commute of 6 miles daily kept throwing me into regen cycles and I traded it. The 6.2 with the 10 speed is a beast and fits my needs nicely.

galonuscct

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Ok, sorry if I disappoint anyone here, I fully intended on getting the silverado with 6.2 but the salesman told me I would have to orders the one I wanted. I stopped by at a ford lot and saw this monster sitting there And ended up with it. i always said I didn’t want to risk the hassles of a diesel but the power got me. 925ft lbs of torque did me in. I hope I don’t regret it. Used 17’ 4x4 lariat with 52k miles And 6.7 power stroke. set the cruise and this thing pulls that 24ft wake over bridges at 70-75 without Slowing down or even dropping a gear. Impressive. View attachment 132216
You mad the right choice. If you main goal is to tow, then a 3/4 ton diesel will always be the better choice than 1/2 ton gas guzzler.

919Cummins

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'll add, on the day I bought my 2500, I also drove a new 1500 with the baby duramax. It also has the 10 speed. Had I not wanted another 2500, I would have considered it. It was quiet and pretty quick. MPG rating was pretty good.