• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone install an AR/Ltd S Wake Tower?

tonyGinFL

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Picked up a ‘17 Ltd E-Series (non-Tower) with bimini and would love to add the AR wake tower.

My dealer won’t touch it citing lack of support in the non-tower hull design.

After looking at the parts list, it seems pretty straight forward, 3 bolts topside of the freeboard. I’m tempted to run an oscope up inside to see what’s there.

Others elsewhere on the forum don’t believe Yamaha has different hull designs for tower/non-tower hulls (practicality)

Thoughts?

Attachments

John Mcpartland

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe they are the same. If you crawl under the starboard seat and look up where the tower mounts you csn see where the mounting location is built up. That area is about 2-3 inches thick with gelcoat on top then fiberglass followed by another material almost like the gell coat then plywood followed by fiberglass. I can't remember the size of the plywood but i think it was 1/2 inch. So if you can get in under the seat snd look up you should be able to tell if it has been built up like that. The AR tower only has 2 bolts, the limited has 3 and is almost 8 inches wider (from the end of the window to the stern)

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Someone on here just added a tower and said it was pretty straight forward.. They went the extra step of adding backing plates to the underside to increase strength. Can't remember who it was.

tonyGinFL

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I believe they are the same. If you crawl under the starboard seat and look up where the tower mounts you csn see where the mounting location is built up. That area is about 2-3 inches thick with gelcoat on top then fiberglass followed by another material almost like the gell coat then plywood followed by fiberglass. I can't remember the size of the plywood but i think it was 1/2 inch. So if you can get in under the seat snd look up you should be able to tell if it has been built up like that. The AR tower only has 2 bolts, the limited has 3 and is almost 8 inches wider (from the end of the window to the stern)
I was hoping that was the case. And yes, both AR & LTD S towers are different (conceptually similar though). Thanks for the feedback, I will def check this out!.

tonyGinFL

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Someone on here just added a tower and said it was pretty straight forward.. They went the extra step of adding backing plates to the underside to increase strength. Can't remember who it was.
I was hoping someone has, and will keep searching. Extra plates makes sense as well -thanks!

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I added a factoey tower to my 2009 SX230. Not the same tower as your. I did not find evidence of the hull being reinforced for the towerand the original backing plates were small so I made new backing plates out of marine plastic. I made a rubber gasket and placed it between the hull and my larger backing plate because the hull wasn't perfectly smooth. Then just to totally over do it I placed the original backing on top of the one I made. It's been on there a couple of years and no issues.

Attachments

Last edited: