• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone know much about Ram Trucks?

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does this seem like an unbelievable deal?

http://www.fairoaksmotors.com/new/Ram/2015-Ram-1500-Chantilly-7630b7040a0a00de0a88cf2b501a6542.htm

I have a 2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport that I love, but it sometimes struggles to pull my AR230. I saw that Ford was having its end of the model year sale, so started looking at the ECOBoost F-150's, but I heard their fuel mileage is a little off from what is advertised. Then I came across this. It seems like a good deal, and if I could get what I wanted for trade in I would consider buying this. Thanks

ravi4l

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I got 2014 3.0 Laramie diesel love the engine and no issue toeing my 2015 242 LS i get around 17-18MPG towing and 25-26 in town(DC traffic) 30's on long trips. I put over 30K in 8 months no issues so far towing my tractor and bike I get in around 20mpg

Good Luck
Ravi

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Make sure that they are not listing a bunch of rebates that you suddenly don't qualify for, like active military etc.

Typically you can get $10k off the sticker so the deal is not a barn burner to me. Overall I think it's a great truck (I have a 2014 Laramie gasser) and you'll be satisfied with the performance.

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Looks like a pretty good deal to me. The Big Horn interior is a little spartan for my tastes, but if the price if right . . .

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a new 2015 Laramie 4X4 with all kinds of cool things so I think you will love the truck! Mine has the 5.7 and will pull pretty much anything. I didn't want the 3.0 because I wanted the stronger engine. I bought the truck in March and still got $10K off list. As mentioned above be careful of the rebates. When I went to the dealer they had also advertised all kinds of rebates but they all have qualifiers. Just make sure you know what you qualify for. Again great truck, rides great and has been great on trips, in town and pulling.

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah I did notice that most places are listing them well off MSRP... So it's not quite the deal I thought it was... I am a USAA member and got a price from them of 34,600 plus tags and title which would be about another 2,000.... I think I'm gonna stick to my Tacoma for now...

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is my whole gripe with the auto industry! Just sell cars for what they're worth...that truck should cost the same on January 1 as it does on December 1. I think they underestimate how many people hate car sales and just stay with their old car for as long as possible.

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah I did notice that most places are listing them well off MSRP... So it's not quite the deal I thought it was... I am a USAA member and got a price from them of 34,600 plus tags and title which would be about another 2,000.... I think I'm gonna stick to my Tacoma for now...
Sounds about what everyone is getting 10k below msrp plus tax and such. Still a great deal, might stretch out on the 2015 models but not on the 2016 once they are out.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Seems ok. I would suggest though, that if you buy a Ram you get the 8.4" U-Connect Screen which is at least Nav capable (add it later through a phone call and a credit card $500) You definitely want the back up camera and sensors. These were both MUST HAVES for our Ram. For comparisons sake our Lonestar Crewcab stickered at $41300. We got it for $30800.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
This is my whole gripe with the auto industry! Just sell cars for what they're worth...that truck should cost the same on January 1 as it does on December 1. I think they underestimate how many people hate car sales and just stay with their old car for as long as possible.
Saturn tried that and it didn't work....Of course they were selling saturns so there's that.

I heard Lexus is going to try a no haggle model. It's worked for this guy for years.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-08-14/phoenix-car-dealer-schools-lexus-in-art-of-no-haggle-sales-pitch

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here in San Antonio there are Gunn dealers scattered around, I think they have a dealer for every make. They are huge! They do the no haggle, price is on the sticker and that's it kind of selling, seems to be working great for them. The prices are good it seemed like to me, we looked for a new ride for my wife when we first got here since we totaled her Tahoe on the way here. Only reason we didn't buy from them is because they didn't have exactly what she was looking for, but we used their price for negotiating with another dealer:)

We wound up getting a Nissan Quest Platinum (wasn't my first choice) it has every option you can get so it is nice.
My cousin is a sales manager at a Nissan Dealer so I was on the phone with him during the deal and he said we got a great deal.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We bought from a Carmax dealer that is also a Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram dealer. Carmax has everything listed. MSRP, discounts, and your local taxes and tags based on the % (you should know your state and county percentage). Then I brought in a Ram $500 coupon I got by requesting a Ram catalog online, stating that I was looking to buy within 30 days. They took that and gave me that discount too. It was the simplest easiest car buying experience I've ever had.

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Dont buy the V6..get the 5.7.. and all rams are $10k off sticker everywhere.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We bought the V6 and love it. Tons of torque with the 8 speed trans, great mileage while driving everyday, we avg 21, and decent mileage towing our AR190 were avg 18. Nothing not to love about it.

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sorry i hadnt noticed it was the diesel. Those are good but base V6 doesn't have enough price drop to not get the v8

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thats the V6 Gasser we got. We chose it over a Hemi for its fuel economy and that fact that 7500lbs of towing more than covers our needs.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I drove a dodge ram 1500 2000-2006, and now the dodge diesel 2006 to present. I bought both knowing full well I'd be putting a transmission in them around 100K miles...both met that goal right on time...factoring in that expense still had it well below a ford/others.
I love my diesel, wish my first one was a diesel , for economies as well as trade in value......the interiors are pretty spartan as stated above...Mine is looking a bit rough after 10 years now. If I'd change anything it'd be wishing I went with leather interior.......MPG is great, I made it from Raleigh NC to Bridgeport CT on a tank a while back, real bladder buster..

If you go with the diesel read up,the cummins is less tolerant to biodiesel and additives, never combine the two. (mine is the previous generation may have changed)
never heard of an 8 speed !!

that said, I stopped by the ford dealership 2 nights ago......didn't $tay too long tho.