• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone know what the going rate is for YES for the new 252's ?

JAELL

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
PIcking up my new 252SD tomorrow (assuming the sea trial goes OK). I want to inquire about adding YES. Is the pricing pretty standard or is there variability between dealers or direct from YAMAHA ?

ComingInHot

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I was quoted $2,750 with a $50 deductible to extend to 5 years. They said I can add it any time before the factory warranty runs out. So I am waiting until next year to decide.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Pricing is pretty standard... here's the sheet I received when I purchased my boat last month. The months in the top row are after the initial 1 year warranty, e.g. the 48 month column gives you 4 years plus the initial 1 year for 5 years total.

FYI you can add the extended YES warranty at anytime during the first year while you're still covered under the initial 1 year warranty. You don't have to purchase it at the time of boat purchase.20201016_094018.jpg

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
These are high profit margin items,usually very negotiable. Or wait till boat show season, they usually get discounted.

poidog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Of course in Florida they are set prices lol :banghead:

is the YES warrenty just on the engine or is it bow to stern coverage?

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Of course in Florida they are set prices lol :banghead:

is the YES warrenty just on the engine or is it bow to stern coverage?
Full coverage, not just engine(s).

specracer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
What do experienced jet boat owners think of the YES warranty? Will we incur repairs (generally) that would justify the cost?

mike220022

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Seems high @ $687.50 per year...Would hate to think you would have that much trouble with a boat billed as so reliable but Im sure it doesnt take much to add up in parts and labor. Id bet you can get it for closer to the $2000 mark if you push hard enough

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What do experienced jet boat owners think of the YES warranty? Will we incur repairs (generally) that would justify the cost?
In all of my ownership since new. I never had a issue to use it. Of course I purposely did not buy a boat connext.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
With the amount of electronics that Yamaha is putting in their boats, especially the screens, I would definitely buy it. When I bought my new boat I specifically looked for a boat without the expensive screens.

JAELL

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Thank you all for the info. Will probably pull the trigger on YES between now and when the original Yamaha warranty expires.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Hmmm 3500 bucks. My dealer didnt even try to sell me the yes. That would cover quite a bit of repairs. Not sure it would be worth it for me. Only thing i would ever take it to the dealer for would be the connext or the hyd controllers for the steering and shift. Everything else, even motor work i can handle.