• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone still waiting for 22 models

sandtiago83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is anyone still confirmed for 22 Yamaha boats that are still waiting delivery. Have been waiting since August of 21 and still waiting. I haven’t been canceled yet but we are in mid July and still nothing.

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep,

Still waiting here on the outskirts of Atlanta GA. Placed a deposit on a 2022 212S in October of 2021. At the time was told; any time between next week and June 2022 but, most likely March 2022. Well, March and June have come and gone but, I'm being told that it has not been canceled and that it should be any day now. Just hanging back at this point and doing the only thing I have control over, waiting.

Can't imagine what you must feel like, being almost a full year in.

sandtiago83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yea I think they say anything to get your deposit. Last June when we talked about it he called me every day asking about what was going on and selling the dream the second I out a deposit it was like a bad date and was ghosting me. But he said the same it’s confirmed and coming just don’t have a real date for me. I did call Yamaha to cincuenta he was saying or if he was lying. They did say that there built and waiting on electrical parts like screens

sandtiago83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Glad I’m not the only one waiting, not happy that another boater is wasting there summer waiting for it . I just going this forum today and spoke to many people in the same BOAT or even cancelled . I do believe that more Desirable areas get first pick. I’m here in Pennsylvanian but getting my boat in nj. So hope it works out for us both like within the week. They only have about a month left of product before the 23 come out

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've got this feather in my cap... I'm on my third sales person. The first one retired a few months in, I was handled by the sales manager for a while after that, then handed over to sales person number three.

You on tap for the 190 or the 195?

sandtiago83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m getting 190 sx. I just wanted the cheapest entry boat I could get and tow with my explorer. First boat so I don’t want to go too deep on it without knowing how I’d like it. But I too pray I can have it this summer, staying optimistic. Here so fingers crossed cuz we ain’t the only ones . Knock on wood we have not gotten canceled as of yet so still hope here.

Tbarbe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m getting 190 sx. I just wanted the cheapest entry boat I could get and tow with my explorer. First boat so I don’t want to go too deep on it without knowing how I’d like it. But I too pray I can have it this summer, staying optimistic. Here so fingers crossed cuz we ain’t the only ones . Knock on wood we have not gotten canceled as of yet so still hope here.
I just put my deposit on a 190sx… and same thing - the moment I put that money - I feel like they are running from me … difference is that boat was in the lot… so now Im waiting for some prep time of which the only explain I had was it needs battery put in.. ok. I’ll see how long it takes and let you know here too…

sandtiago83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow! Guess you got lucky that it was on the lot. My dealer said prep for his lot is a few days, other lots will say a few weeks, to justify the few grad they charge you for it . What area are you in that you got lucky enough to have one there already.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just put my deposit on a 190sx… and same thing - the moment I put that money - I feel like they are running from me … difference is that boat was in the lot… so now Im waiting for some prep time of which the only explain I had was it needs battery put in.. ok. I’ll see how long it takes and let you know here too…
Tell him you will take it and put in your own battery and uncover. Just hook it up and go. :)

Tbarbe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow! Guess you got lucky that it was on the lot. My dealer said prep for his lot is a few days, other lots will say a few weeks, to justify the few grad they charge you for it . What area are you in that you got lucky enough to have one there already.
Im in SW Florida ( near Naples ) - and yea I think I was very lucky to just happen to call them at the moment they had something there.. there was also another AR195 there - that one also was sold while I was looking at mine… so two of them gone instantly.

Tbarbe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Tell him you will take it and put in your own battery and uncover. Just hook it up and go. :)
I could definitely do that… but their business manger has yet to even call me… Im holding a check in hand for all of it from my bank… I guess they sell bigger boats and Im just a tiny annoying customer? Haha. Im waiting by the phone every day now just to see whats next…

sandtiago83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Im in SW Florida ( near Naples ) - and yea I think I was very lucky to just happen to call them at the moment they had something there.. there was also another AR195 there - that one also was sold while I was looking at mine… so two of them gone instantly.
I think it’s all about location I know someone els in Florida that got one with minimal wait time, here we are up north have to wait a year and still nothing. Glad it worked out for you, so enjoy it let me know what color you got and how far you can go on a full tank of gas.

Anne10877

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
We ordered in August 2021. We were told to expect it by March, and we are still waiting! We were told two weeks ago that the dealer was told it was "about to ship" but no updates since then.

sandtiago83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So sorry to hear that. Sounds exactly like my story. I had to look again to see if it was my thread. I was told the same thing even changed to the color I dint want to try to get it sooner. But so far the latest I heard it went to being processed, that’s rite before shipping. I hope it ships soon.

Lugo78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Reading all your posts is really disheartening. Ordered Jan 2022, had to place 10k deposit. Told by salesmen couple months back (April) the dealership talked to Yamaha and could expect delivery May/June. Well that has passed and like @sandtiago83 I’m getting ghosted. I feel like I’m harassing them, asking for updates.

Tbarbe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Reading all your posts is really disheartening. Ordered Jan 2022, had to place 10k deposit. Told by salesmen couple months back (April) the dealership talked to Yamaha and could expect delivery May/June. Well that has passed and like @sandtiago83 I’m getting ghosted. I feel like I’m harassing them, asking for updates.
I felt like that too just wanting to buy one… like they are doing me a huge favor wasting their time letting me pay money… one of the worst experiences buying something I’ve had… I get more service feels at Best Buy getting a phone case… I got a really bad impression of the dealership instantly after putting my deposit down… sad that’s the experience.

sandtiago83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I find it hard for Yamaha to even try to start selling 2023 models when they can’t even keep 22 costumers happy. Yea definitely should not be this was any other retail and I would have had a major discount or something for my inconvenience. I get that there’s things they are waiting on but how that turns into my problem without compensating me for lost time and wasted summer planned around being on the water is another story. I’d be curious to know what area you live in that in January your dealer is still taking deposits when in my area end of August he said his allotment was filled . So you gotta be in Florida if not then you probably won’t get it till next year, maybe.

sandtiago83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I felt like that too just wanting to buy one… like they are doing me a huge favor wasting their time letting me pay money… one of the worst experiences buying something I’ve had… I get more service feels at Best Buy getting a phone case… I got a really bad impression of the dealership instantly after putting my deposit down… sad that’s the experience.
You are absolutely correct. I can ordered something from Amazon Walmart and eBay and get it the next day. But yet I wait a year on a boat they knew they where building, when I called they said they are waiting on lcd screens and electrical stuff . So you didn’t know in August that you dint have enough, and yet still took everyone money knowing you dint have enough. Find that hard to believe that a billion dollars company can’t get lcd screens. I have invested so much money and time waiting on something that probably won’t happen. I have invested my family into this I didn’t schedule vacation thinking I’d be on the water. So I’m sad to hear me and probably hundreds of people did the same thing on something that was supposed to be very simple turned into the worst experience ever. But yet again I know people who live in Florida that get them in a month. Probably driving my boat now as we speak.

Lugo78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I find it hard for Yamaha to even try to start selling 2023 models when they can’t even keep 22 costumers happy. Yea definitely should not be this was any other retail and I would have had a major discount or something for my inconvenience. I get that there’s things they are waiting on but how that turns into my problem without compensating me for lost time and wasted summer planned around being on the water is another story. I’d be curious to know what area you live in that in January your dealer is still taking deposits when in my area end of August he said his allotment was filled . So you gotta be in Florida if not then you probably won’t get it till next year, maybe.
I was told I had the last allocation for this dealership, and that seemed correct. They no longer accepted or had any advertisement for that model on website shortly after I placed order. Im in North Dakota so I have about 2 more usable months. I don’t have a lot of faith for a 2022 delivery, or should I say usable in 2022.

sandtiago83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well hope it works out for you. What I’m hoping is Yamaha gets there stuff together and gets these boats out and let people enjoy what they have been waiting for. My dealer tells me I’m his last boat coming is as well, faith for me has been out the window. I actually got stuck with a color I dint even wants cuz it would “ guarantee” me getting one this year. After calling every month for the last year, he finally told me last month that it had a projected finish date of July 11th well that was last week. Still no updates as of yesterday night . I hoped for a few months with it and now I’d be lucky if I even get it in enough time to break it in. I keep hope alive every day I’m disappointed I hear nothing. Seems like the anticipation has made my summer go faster then normal. When I stated this thread I dint realize how many other boaters are in the same boat as me. So hope we all get it at once .