• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone surfing with the Aerial Surf Platform?

Jet1733

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I’ve only had 4 people total in mine so far. Where I ride is always choppy. That video is the first smooth water I’ve seen with the new boat. TBH with my pontoon I would trim it down and leave it. Rarely did I adjust it due to the conditions. It was a constant fight so I left it alone. The difference between the toon and this boat is night and day. This cuts through a lot of the chop better than I was expecting. I was expecting non stop bucking but I haven’t seen that. Happy so far

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Any of you guys having issues with wishing you had trim tabs to help in the cop? It seems like a complaint with the Yamaha & Scarab crew so wondering if the Vortex boats have the same issue....
I believe all boat could benefit from trim tabs. In chop they're great. The more boat you can put back in the water the better the ride. They also help with getting on plane (should you ever have an issue - like when in really shallow water) and to help balance out the boat. This help a lot with all my dogs as they like to all sit on the same side. The hull on the Chap is shape slightly better to handle chop.

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I believe all boat could benefit from trim tabs. In chop they're great. The more boat you can put back in the water the better the ride. They also help with getting on plane (should you ever have an issue - like when in really shallow water) and to help balance out the boat. This help a lot with all my dogs as they like to all sit on the same side. The hull on the Chap is shape slightly better to handle chop.
Do you have tabs on your 223?

That makes sense as it would creat more “wheelbase” in the water.

A guy used the Volvo-penta tabs on his Scarab that are vertical, look really clean/compact and he says they work great.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Do you have tabs on your 223?

That makes sense as it would creat more “wheelbase” in the water.

A guy used the Volvo-penta tabs on his Scarab that are vertical, look really clean/compact and he says they work great.
Sure do. I put them on all my boats.

1598812055847.png

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Nice! Are those lectro or another brand?

Do they help with the surfing/listing one side?

And do you have the auto or manual controller?

Thx
I went with Bennett (hydraulic) tabs. The controller is manual but has a lighted display showing the position of each tab. Below is what I have.

1598877924420.png