• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone towing a 24’ boat with a MB ML350 or GL350 or GLE350 or bigger engine?

SRSx3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
@ZGhost give you my update for towing SR230 for my GL450 V6 biturbo, it was running good until 6 hours of driving near Mammoth lake around 7,000 foot elevation, suddenly it won't have anymore power past 40mph on a 4th gear only and doesn't increase even though I already floored the accelerator. I end up pulling over and switch to Nissan Frontier V6 RWD due to possibly overheating my engine due to high elevation, turbo charged is not helping and not able to pull the boat on elevation anymore and notice temp gauge on MB GL450 2015 was on the highest level and open the engine and coolant is full and rested for 5 mins, remove the boat and able to run no problem with 6 passengers without a boat. I was not so impressed with 2015 GL 450 V6 turbo at this time, I'm thinking about getting Ford F250 superduty for towing 8 hours or more on my boat. Higher elevation is a problem probably, but going home with MB GL450, I notice that I can use the manual transmission lever on the steering wheel side and I can proper control my gear on higher elevation, turns out no problem at all, but using manual transmission lever on higher elevation, MB GL450 fired up no problem.