• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Anyone use AJC batteries?

I'm getting pretty good at researching these sleazy battery companies...

AJC is a private brand that belongs to and distributed solely by Batteryclerk LLC of Delray Beach, FL. Batteryclerk was founded in 2012 in NJ using an address that is, at least now, an Enterprise Car Rental - they must have done well, in 2021 they moved to Florida and registered in a nice residential apartment building. Batteryclerk imports 'custom' branded batteries from manufacturers in China and Vietnam - the AJC battery you referenced appears to be an ES90-12 manufactured by Sheng Chang Tech Co in Vietnam - I couldn't find a data sheet for the ES90-12 but you can compare the datasheets from another Sheng Chang product and Batteryclerk and see the obvious similarity:

Reviews are mixed...customers obviously receive what they order but there's a substantial difference between 'getting the job done' and 'high quality'. I would also question the technology - 'SLI' and 'AGM' seem to be usually kept separated by the industry - X2 Power seems to make one (that is honestly probably the same battery at twice the price) and every other search result leads to AJC. But I'm not an engineer so...

You will get what you pay for - and based on the price point and nature of the company I don't think that will be much. In a year you'll be disposing of 66 pounds of lead waste and shopping all over again. For the price and reputation I think I personally would go with a well-known brand like Trojan:

And after all that, I think I'm actually ordering two of those in the spring :cool:

Sam's Club has basically has the same battery (although warranty is only 18 months) for $199. I believe I saw somewhere that Duracell said it was the same battery. Not sure why the warranty is drastically different if it's the same one.

Back