• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AO Coolers

3rd season on mine. Love it. It'll hold ice all day long when it's 100 outside. I have the short one -- about 9w x 6h x 18deep -- that's designed to go into a boat storage area. We put it under the port-side observers seat and it fills that space perfectly.

I have 3 AO and 2 norchill soft side coolers. They are all very good. Norchill is a little less expensive then AO. I definitely won't use a hard side in the boat or truck anymore.

I have the largest size and after 2 seasons developed a leak (small hole in the inner lining (no bear bottles in the bag) I will see how well it fixes. Keeps everything cold with a 20 lb bag of ice for two days. Besides keeping things cool it is a great space saver compared to a Yeti or other hard cased cooler

I have the largest size and after 2 seasons developed a leak (small hole in the inner lining (no bear bottles in the bag) I will see how well it fixes. Keeps everything cold with a 20 lb bag of ice for two days. Besides keeping things cool it is a great space saver compared to a Yeti or other hard cased cooler
Will AO replace it under warranty?

At the very least they will send you x patch. My buddy got a small tear in his and the patch fixed it easily.

At the very least they will send you x patch. My buddy got a small tear in his and the patch fixed it easily.

That's correct. Both of our AO coolers have tears near the foldover on the sides from use. I thought it was bottles at first, but we have banned bottles or crushed cans in the cooler. They just plain wear, and when used in extreme temps, the vinyl inside will crack.

I sent off to AO, and they sent me a patch kit for the cost of shipping. After circling all the cracks/holes, I should have probably taken them up on the replacement liner. I do believe they will replace the liner for $12 plus shipping. I may do that with both of mine in the tweener season. We use these coolers all the time, but it would be nice if they were dry once again.

I just got this in an email about the leaks in my cooler (8 hour response time) . Keep this a a reference but it shows you how they stand by their product. Thanks Alyssa!

The insulation will not be affected by the water. Cut the liner out of the cooler so the insulation can dry out and follow the repair process. We will sew in a new liner and return the cooler to you. Repair instructions are included in this email.

Have a great weekend!
Alyssa

WARRANTY

AO Coolers offers a Limited-Lifetime Warranty on the Liners and Top Zipper of our

coolers. We are happy to repair and return your cooler if it meets the following criteria:

* Clean: We should be willing to touch your cooler without having to wear gloves

* Dry: Coolers that are shipped wet arrive moldy and delay the process

* Exterior has no major wear and tear (Based on our discretion)

Our Guarantee Covers:

* The Liner: if the cooler leaks because of manufacture defect, or normal use we will repair the liner.

Please note that coolers damaged by crushed cans, bottle caps,animals, dry ice, glass, or other uses that are not

considered normal wear and tear are not covered by our warranty. We will fix your cooler but the

fee will be $25.00. Please see Cooler Repair Instructions below and follow those including

the $25.00 fee instead of the $12.00 fee.

* The Main Zipper: This is the zipper on the top of the cooler, we do not cover the side pocket zippers.

We will repair the main top zipper of the cooler.

** Make sure coolers are dry and clean before returning them to us. If they arrive moldy

or filthy we will not repair the coolers. Warranty expires once the exterior of the cooler

becomes too weak to sew in a new liner or zipper and is based on our discretion.

If we are unable to repair your cooler we will offer you a discount on a new cooler.

(See Cooler Replacement)

COOLER REPAIR INSTRUCTIONS:

If you are returning your cooler you must include $12.00 (per cooler) if the cooler is over

a year old. We use the honor-system, so we'll take your word for it either way. So, if

you bought your cooler less than a year ago, do not send $12.00 dollars (but please

tell us that the cooler is less than a year old) But, if your cooler is more than a year

old, attach $12.00 to cover shipping. Remember it's $12.00 per cooler you send

back. Please note that repairs will take about 4-5 weeks.

* Make sure cooler meets our repair criteria.

* Place $12.00 cash or a check made to AO Coolers inside the cooler.

* Include a note with your name, return address, and phone number and

reason for return (liner or zipper)

* Send the cooler to:

AO Coolers

ATTN: Repairs

591 North Smith Ave.

Suite "A"

Corona, CA 92880

I just got this in an email about the leaks in my cooler (8 hour response time) . Keep this a a reference but it shows you how they stand by their product. Thanks Alyssa!

The insulation will not be affected by the water. Cut the liner out of the cooler so the insulation can dry out and follow the repair process. We will sew in a new liner and return the cooler to you. Repair instructions are included in this email.

Have a great weekend!
Alyssa

WARRANTY

AO Coolers offers a Limited-Lifetime Warranty on the Liners and Top Zipper of our

coolers. We are happy to repair and return your cooler if it meets the following criteria:

* Clean: We should be willing to touch your cooler without having to wear gloves

* Dry: Coolers that are shipped wet arrive moldy and delay the process

* Exterior has no major wear and tear (Based on our discretion)

Our Guarantee Covers:

* The Liner: if the cooler leaks because of manufacture defect, or normal use we will repair the liner.

Please note that coolers damaged by crushed cans, bottle caps,animals, dry ice, glass, or other uses that are not

considered normal wear and tear are not covered by our warranty. We will fix your cooler but the

fee will be $25.00. Please see Cooler Repair Instructions below and follow those including

the $25.00 fee instead of the $12.00 fee.

* The Main Zipper: This is the zipper on the top of the cooler, we do not cover the side pocket zippers.

We will repair the main top zipper of the cooler.

** Make sure coolers are dry and clean before returning them to us. If they arrive moldy

or filthy we will not repair the coolers. Warranty expires once the exterior of the cooler

becomes too weak to sew in a new liner or zipper and is based on our discretion.

If we are unable to repair your cooler we will offer you a discount on a new cooler.

(See Cooler Replacement)

COOLER REPAIR INSTRUCTIONS:

If you are returning your cooler you must include $12.00 (per cooler) if the cooler is over

a year old. We use the honor-system, so we'll take your word for it either way. So, if

you bought your cooler less than a year ago, do not send $12.00 dollars (but please

tell us that the cooler is less than a year old) But, if your cooler is more than a year

old, attach $12.00 to cover shipping. Remember it's $12.00 per cooler you send

back. Please note that repairs will take about 4-5 weeks.

* Make sure cooler meets our repair criteria.

* Place $12.00 cash or a check made to AO Coolers inside the cooler.

* Include a note with your name, return address, and phone number and

reason for return (liner or zipper)

* Send the cooler to:

AO Coolers

ATTN: Repairs

591 North Smith Ave.

Suite "A"

Corona, CA 92880
Has anyone retuned the larger (38 can) soft sider for liner repair? Wondering about the best box to use to minimize my shipping costs for the cooler to CA.

I sent two in for repairs and they came back less effective and while I paid for a zipper to be fixed they didn't fix it. They were awesome coolers while they lasted but the quality is going down hill.

Has anyone retuned the larger (38 can) soft sider for liner repair? Wondering about the best box to use to minimize my shipping costs for the cooler to CA.
Yes, from my post from 2015, those two soft sliders did get sent back for the $12 repair of the liners. They put in a very heavy, yet soft liner. And they have held up really well since fixed. I cannot recommend using their warranty any higher. It was well worth the money.

As for shipping, pack them up in the smallest box they will crush into. It really won’t after as long as the coolers themselves are not nasty.

Good luck!

Yes, from my post from 2015, those two soft sliders did get sent back for the $12 repair of the liners. They put in a very heavy, yet soft liner. And they have held up really well since fixed. I cannot recommend using their warranty any higher. It was well worth the money.

As for shipping, pack them up in the smallest box they will crush into. It really won’t after as long as the coolers themselves are not nasty.

Good luck!
Thanks @biffdotorg thats what i wanted to know… smallest they can get crushed into for shipping to them.

Thanks!

I sent two in for repairs and they came back less effective and while I paid for a zipper to be fixed they didn't fix it. They were awesome coolers while they lasted but the quality is going down hill.
Likely they are having trouble with quality labor… I will try my luck and report back. The existing setup with the leaking out the bottom has prevented me from using this year. I don’t want to mess up the wife’s car going to/from the dock with a leaky cooler.

Likely they are having trouble with quality labor… I will try my luck and report back. The existing setup with the leaking out the bottom has prevented me from using this year. I don’t want to mess up the wife’s car going to/from the dock with a leaky cooler.
I used a patch kit for a tube in mine. I punctured it with a bottle I guess? It's held up for 2 seasons no leak after the patch.

Back