• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Apple App, Duet Display

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
I have all sorts of apps but none that are special enough to tell everyone about. Until now! I may be late to the game but I just downloaded the app called Duet Display for the iMac and iPad. $7.99.

It flawlessly allows you to turn your iPad into a secondary monitor with just the Lightning cord. Super easy set up and there is O lag at all when going from screen to screen.

For any of you out there that use apple products this is a must have for some added productivity. I have it hooked up with the mini right now so it's kind of small but I have been using it for a secondary FaceTime and messaging monitor.

I have no affiliation with this app but I wanted to share with the group.

image.jpg

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very nice! Now only if they would allow screen mirroring of the iphone via lightning to rca.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Very nice! Now only if they would allow screen mirroring of the iphone via lightning to rca.
Does mirroring through AirPlay to an Apple TV not do the trick for you or you looking to do something else that AirPlay does not allow?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm looking to mirror onto any display. I would love to mirror on my display in my Ram truck without having to set up a wifi bubble and Apple TV.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
I'm looking to mirror onto any display. I would love to mirror on my display in my Ram truck without having to set up a wifi bubble and Apple TV.
Ah... That makes more sense. Have you looked into the Apple Car Play Head units, or are you trying to keep the factory interface?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length