• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Aquatic AV sat reception

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Anyone else have issues with theirs? My sat radio reception is just awful most of the time. Cuts out constantly, and sometimes even loses everything and goes to the preview channel. Anyone maybe upgraded the antenna? The radio itself does everything I need it to, except this... I'd rather not replace the radio.

Norboo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ever since I bought my 2012, I had issues with Aquatic AV receiver. Had it replaced 3 times and still not working. When I spoke to them, they are having issues with replacement since I made a claim 3 times. I wouldn't have to make 3 clams if they gave a working unit in the first 3 times.

To answer your Q: Sat signal is really weak and the unit is piece of crap.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm not familiar with the unit but can you expose the antenna to see the sky better? Can you add an antenna to this unit made by another manufacturer?

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm afraid Norboo is right and it's just a piece of crap! hah. But, I'm gonna attempt it, Murf. I just chucked an antenna out of my Speedster last week too, just my luck.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The head unit and antennae are fine. It's the stock location of the of the satellite antennae that is the problem. Mine was under the helm/under the leading edge of the dash. I've always read that these are line of sight devices so I am surprised it worked at all. I moved it to the top of the tower tow point since and it worked great there. I will make that permanent eventually but for now its an aftermarket unit that is sitting on top of the GPS antennae. It works great there as well unless someone sits on it or otherwise covers it.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Shows what I know...I thought that white hockey puck thing was the sat antenna?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is the GPS receiver for the speedometer and GPS functions in the speedometer (it will give you lat/long).

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Word!

Removed antenna from stock location (horrible) and kinda string it out now when beached or whatever. It really still sucks. Upgrade definitely incoming post-Bimini.