• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR 190 impeller swap

aaron jansen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've seen people talk about changing their impellers on here for a solas.

I just worked with Dave from impros and he got me setup with a new impeller for my 2015 AR190 but was less than helpful on install.

Are there videos out there on how to do it? Or should I just take it to the shop and pay for it to be done?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@aaron jansen You can do it in your driveway.

Disconnect steering and throttle links at the nozzle (the latter is on top and is spring loaded).
After that it is 4 long 14mm bolts - holding the steering + venturi nozzles to the wear ring. Unbolt, prop up with a flat screwdriver, be gentle. Do not loose little dowels in between the pump segments.
(I just did mine last night in the dark, about 15min swap time; but I do it all the time - testing)

Taking the impeller off, well - that can be easy or not easy at all... Depends on how tight it is stuck on the shaft. As @Scottintexas said, worst case you just take the shaft /impeller assembly to the shop.

Last edited:

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Easy unless the boat is older or you have corrosion that can make it hard to wrench the impeller loose. There are special holders that go around the splines on the driveshaft which allow you to hold that end in a vise. Then you need to remember to turn the impeller the correct way since the threads are reversed. You should use the proper high temp grease on the drive spline when you put it back together and also use any sealers when reassembling the jet pump using your service manual for those specifics. Very easy given the age of your boat and it is a great education to see how all of that goes together. Take note of the tools that you use and think about including those in your on-board tool kit in case you ever need to pull the impeller to clear out a rope or something.