• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR 192 - Planned Upgrades/Mods

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, I've had the boat a week and only on water for 2 hours! Work and duty has me tied up for next two weeks. Been looking over the site (thanks to all who post), and below is a list of planned mods/upgrades. If anyone has any ideas or we links to the cheapest place to purchase, I'd appreciate it. I'm pretty good at finding products, but every little bit helps.

Flush mount compass

Grill

Table/leg and two mounts (Jetboat has one I am considering)

Hatch in front of driving station (saw a post of the install and link to hatch)

Flag mounts for 4 flags spear across top of tower (looking for sources and our tower poles diameters )

VHF - I have one from another boat in the box. Not sure if it what I want to install. I don't really want a bracket mount down by my feet. Was hoping to find a GPS/DSC that would allow me to mount the main unit behind the driving station and just have a multi function mike with all controls. (Any suggestions!?)

VHF Antenna - think I may go with the same one Bruce installed based of my research. Digital Antenna 528 series in black to match my tower color. Then mount it in center. ( investigating a mount to fit the size of tower bars and allow a quick release to put antenna up and down..any links..pics..ideas?). I saw one using a speaker mount posted, I have that link.

Thanks and look forward to meeting some of you in Bimini !

Doug

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
How much do you use your boat at night? Can I suggest a tower mounted nav light? More interior courtesy lights.

You cant ever go wrong with more speakers or subs, etc.. Theyre just pricey. Lets see some pics of your boat! Is yours the black or space blue?

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow, forgot those. Was looking at the thread last night about the ones from Amazon. I also saw the user here who makes the magnetic, battery operated tower anchor lights. I would love to see a few more pics of those, some specs (battery usage), type of battery. etc

Almos forget, I have a foldable solar panel I use on the field now. I also have a Morningstar MPPT controller. I will probably add that to the boat. So, I can deploy foldable panels over top Bimini, plug into charger and keep battery topped off. Not looking at dual battery yet. Figure with the solar and the new small jump box on board..should be ok

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I want to go to a dual setup eventually. Just added comfort while parked and jamming out.

My next investment will likely be a GoPro and mounts. Then dual battery, then amp and tower speakers. In that order.

Maybe you would like the window tint option. I absolutely LOVE my tint. Everyone I show seemed to love it too.

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Window Tine?...What level, type and would any car tinting place do it? Plus, is it like the home tint I put up that reflects 99% of UV?
I also like that idea, cause I will be using my iPad for navigation (unless I decide to install a MFD)..and I know the ios devices can overheat and shut down sometimes

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Go Pro mounts?....where would you mount them?...I'm listening :)

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@ArmyChief

Just a kindly word of advice: Be very careful asking this crew for mod suggestions...they will spend all of your money faster than you thought possible! :D:p:cool:

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh, I've been boating for over 30 years...I know how quick $$$ can be spent. Not to mention th eindustry that LOVES to tack on MORE profit...just for putting th eletters M-A-R-I-N-E in the title :)

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Any tine place should be able to do this. Although, some people here have said they have been refused my tint places. Which I think is stupid. Mine pictured below is double 15% AKA completely dark. haha.

As for a GoPro mount, the sky is the limit. Search GoPro mounts on this forum and you will see plenty. You could mount then just about anywhere.IMG_1834.JPG IMG_1835.JPG IMG_1835.JPG IMG_1835.JPG

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just added these to my trailer. Best mod for under $100....
image.jpg

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is that cause it makes it easier to get boat back on trailer?
So far, I've had no issues getting it back on without them

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It helps in high cross winds. My primary reason is to aid when backing an empty trailer. It is easily lost behind a lifted F250. Now I will be able to see where the back of the trailer is.

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
What this about captains side hatch mod? Would like to do that.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just ordered my ballast tank. Hope it will be here before Memorial Day weekend, looking forward to some surf time!

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Are you going to run the bag as they did in the SX thread (across rear seat?) I will be uploading a video of me testing my 400# bags and perfect pass soon. The video is done, just waiting on vimeo to convert.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Right now I am planning on running it surf side under the rear seat. Wakemakers told me 1 750 is all that is needed to surf or wake board. Place it surf side and go or for wakeboarding, place it aft in the ski locker. Will see how it all goes when done.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I don't think it will fit full. The one 400 lb bag I just bought fills the compartment height wise :mad:

And we just hijacked Chief's upgrade thread LOL. I just posted a video of my ballast runs from yesterday in the watersports section if you want to BS in there.