• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR190 - Into the Salt - Pre and Post Protection Procedures

Summers420us

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I am looking for a nice bullet point/check list of items that I need to handle when taking my AR190 into the salt. I see a lot of guys around here relaunch their boats into the local fresh water lake after a day in the salt... is this really helpful? What cleaners/chemicals do I need? What is your checklist?

Gonrcng

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I use salt off / salt away too. Flush your engine and wash it good and your fine. Spray your window seals well. Salt like to find its way in there. Other than that , dump an once or two of Dawn dish soap in the bilge and call it a day.

Summers420us

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@ClemsonTiger - How do flush the engine with Salt Off.... is there a flush kit?

@Gonrcng - How do you dump the Dawn into your bilge?

Gonrcng

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@ClemsonTiger - How do flush the engine with Salt Off.... is there a flush kit?

@Gonrcng - How do you dump the Dawn into your bilge?
Straight from the bottle. Once the engine bay is clean pour in an ounce or two right on the floor. Helps keep it clean. My dealer said so , so it's gotta be true. Lol. I do it and it seems to work.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Get some T-9 or YamaLube and spray down ALL of your clamps in your transom area under the swim platform. I ended up replacing all of mine, because I had a few rust through and break off. I replaced all with Stainless Steel Clamps and sprayed them down with T-9. And don't forget to spray your springs on your trailer.

After use, wash down good with soap and fresh water (or Salt Away and Fresh Water) and dry her off.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Straight from the bottle. Once the engine bay is clean pour in an ounce or two right on the floor. Helps keep it clean. My dealer said so , so it's gotta be true. Lol. I do it and it seems to work.
That's interesting. I've cleaned my engine compartment with Dawn, but I sprayed it out after. I've never left it in there. Might give it a try.

Gonrcng

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
That's interesting. I've cleaned my engine compartment with Dawn, but I sprayed it out after. I've never left it in there. Might give it a try.
Lol... You will see it in every engine pic I post. It's always somewhere down there.image.png

ken4motion

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I boat solely in salt and what I found works nicely is, if available, wash the boat down with a hose as soon as you pull it from the water. That ride home dries up nice and there is still some salt on the hull. If I don't rinse at the ramp, the blue boat is covered in a salty film by the time I get home. When home, I use car wash soap and a soft brush and that works great. I use salt away for the engine flush and rinse the engine compartment with salt away as well. I like that idea of leave some dish soap in the bilge. I'll give that a try. I recently began using a mixture of car wash soap and salt away in the salt away dispenser and have gotten nice results. The reason why I did this is because I was using too much salt away and this stuff is expensive! Boat is corrosion free after about three summers in the northeast. Too bad it was not nick and scratch free!

Summers420us

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Interesting.... where did you get such a kit? How often do you fog?

Gonrcng

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Came stock on the 2016 AR192. Very simple to add to a boat that does not have one. I fog after every day on the water

Summers420us

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Now to figure out where to get the parts.... :winkingthumbsup"

Gonrcng

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am looking for a nice bullet point/check list of items that I need to handle when taking my AR190 into the salt. I see a lot of guys around here relaunch their boats into the local fresh water lake after a day in the salt... is this really helpful? What cleaners/chemicals do I need? What is your checklist?
DO NOT dunk your boat in fresh water after having it in salt water.

This sounds like a great idea and I am sure it works good, but it is highly illegal to take a boat from one body of water to another without cleaning it and the trailer first. The reason is that you can introduce plant and animal species into the different bodies of water.