• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ar190 upgrades

Michael-Nash

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Considering some more upgrades to my 2019 AR190 and wanted to know whether they are worth the expense. Already did the ribbon delete.

Lucky 13 cone ($298) or wet wolf adjust a thrust ($170). I have some cavitation when towing and lose a lot of speed in the turns so trying to fix that. Thoughts on either model?

Cobra SUPER ULTIMATE AK-19 ($236) or Thrust vector X ($210). Looking to improve the handling at all speeds especially at low speed for docking. Wife needs all the help she can get.

Also looking for any other upgrades to improve speed and overall performance. Top speed so far has been 40-42 mph. Thanks!

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Considering some more upgrades to my 2019 AR190 and wanted to know whether they are worth the expense. Already did the ribbon delete.

Lucky 13 cone ($298) or wet wolf adjust a thrust ($170). I have some cavitation when towing and lose a lot of speed in the turns so trying to fix that. Thoughts on either model?

Cobra SUPER ULTIMATE AK-19 ($236) or Thrust vector X ($210). Looking to improve the handling at all speeds especially at low speed for docking. Wife needs all the help she can get.

Also looking for any other upgrades to improve speed and overall performance. Top speed so far has been 40-42 mph. Thanks!
I’m debating on the lucky 13 for mine.

I have 1100 lbs of ballast coming, want to see how that does. I lose a ton of momentum turning, worse if I’m towing someone.

Did he ribbon delete make a noticeable difference?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

If you guys are into water sports, I would get Cobras, Ride-Steady, and L13 - in this order, I think. The ribbon delete is a must. I would stick with the OEM impelelr, adjust the trailing edge pitch if needed.

--

Nauti-Nurse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Michael-Nash
@AJACHIM and I each have a 2018 AR190. We found the same power issues as we are diving in head first to give our boats the optimal setup for wake surfing. The responses I got to some questions led me to the cone and pump seal modification. With these several people said it fixes the cavitation "almost" completely! I too am in the position of looking to find some comparisons on the Lucky13 and the wet wolf.
Unfortunately i'm told there is no "kit" for a pump seal and you have to just fill in with a silicone, about an hours job i'm told.
I ordered the thrust vector wake from JBP and can't wait to get it on. Previous models of thrust vectors have gotten fantastic reviews. I have to stand behind the JBP products so far due to how impressed I am with the Lateral Thrusters... they added some serious control to the boat. My wife needed all the help she could get as well and the Lateral Thruster helped immensely! When I reviewed the Cobra's, its only my opinion but JBP's finish/look to me was better.
So after deciding on cone brand I'll change the cone and do the seal, fingers crossed that they will be worth it. The JBP Lateral Thruster, the juice is completely worth the squeeze. And I have super high hopes for the thrust vector wake!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was told ride steady is easier to install simply a plug in connection.
Has better reliability as well due to it being 100% electronic. Perfect Pass has servo/stepper motors to move the throttle, RideSteady intercepts and modifies the signal between the Throttle Position Sensor and the Engine Control Module.

Also, I have the L13, pump sealed, and ribbon delete on my 2017 AR190. Took a VERY heavy load out last summer. 6 Adults and 3 Large coolers. I expect somewhere near a fully loaded boat with ballast and crew. ZERO cavitation and a top speed of around 39mph. It was quite impressive how well it handled that load.

Last edited:

Worxman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Definitely go Ride Steady. It is a pretty easy install and is all electronic, so the better system. I’ll be posting my pics on the Hydrophase website this weekend, I took a ton of them to help folks with future installs. The Ridesteady has saved my family from implosion when wakeboarding or skiing.

I’ve posted several pics and info on the Thrust Vector Wake on another thread, check that out. Pages 41-43 I think.

Nauti-Nurse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
plug and play and better reliability... I think that may be an easy choice! Thanks for the info!

Boatingmaniac

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How do you get in the 40mph? Full throttle I only get to 35.
looking to get some upgrades. I just did the vector thrusters.

does lucky 13 make a come for our boats? Cause I didn’t see AR190 in their list.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
How do you get in the 40mph? Full throttle I only get to 35.
looking to get some upgrades. I just did the vector thrusters.

does lucky 13 make a come for our boats? Cause I didn’t see AR190 in their list.
Keep the front of the boat empty, are you at any elevation? Next time you are out please report your max RPMS. Yes you can get a L13 however most people don’t report top end gains.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Keep the front of the boat empty, are you at any elevation? Next time you are out please report your max RPMS. Yes you can get a L13 however most people don’t report top end gains.
Yea, no real top end gains for me either. Ran 42mph before, runs 42mph now.

Keeping the bow empty is key. Even a 35lb dog up there drops me a bit. Everyone in the back seats, and the bimini stowed for "top speed" runs. Get 2 adults and 2 kids in the bow and I drop into the high 30's.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
As someone that has spent thousands on upgrades, I can attest that the L13 Cone and CJS Vipers is the best money I have spent.

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did the CJS Vipers and they are great, over the winter I added the extra fangs to the Vipers but haven't got to use them yet, hoping to get to use them b4 the world ends. I did the ribbon delete and probably added 1 mph or so top end, but more mid range grunt. Ribbon delete also seemed to change the engine noise to a more throaty, less whiny sound. Overall it was easy to do and worth it, imho