• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR192 / AR190 bow backrest mod

Irial29

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
AR192 / AR190 bow backrest mod
Has anyone got a picture or description of how the backrest cushion at the front of the bow is fastened to the boat?
I have an AR190 that comes without but I would like to attach one to.
I’ve found the seat cushion at YamahaPartsHouse online but they don’t sell it with any hardware.
I haven’t bought it yet because I’m not even sure if the back of the cushion has hooks or screws protruding from it... which would be helpful if it did...

6C3E54C9-B0C6-4E31-B02C-9530C5E90BFE.jpeg
59D38211-8633-478B-901B-E5B124CD1E5A.jpeg

Last edited:

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My guess is that it is similar to to how the backrests on the other seats mount. There are two hooks that the top of the seats slide over, and then a bolt or two on the bottom that fasten from the inside. Try to stick your phone in the anchor compartment and shoot a photo upwards if yu can't get your head in to see. The big bare spot in front bothered me on my old boat too so I ordered a piece of Seadek for the front area with my flooring kit from Jet Boat Pilot. They may still have a template made for it. It's not as nice as a cushion obviously, but a lot cheaper and a lot less hassle.

20190429_185459.jpg