• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR192 loss of power

RookieJetBoater

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
OK, it gets even better. The dealer finally tracked down the hot water in engine compartment to a crack in the oil filter housing.

So, this will also be fixed under warranty. Do you think the SC clutch going out twice in 2 hours could be related to the oil cooling issue or more likely the tune to 8100RPM?

tfsnowrider

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Any update on this thread? I had a similar loss of power issue this past weekend that seemed to go away after a few min. It felt to me like dirty gas or water in the gas. I'm looking to change out my fuel filter with a separating type but can't find much info of an actual filter in the AR192 vs the pump screen. Also picking up some fuel-Ox Marine.

sebmcadet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Any update on this thread? I had a similar loss of power issue this past weekend that seemed to go away after a few min. It felt to me like dirty gas or water in the gas. I'm looking to change out my fuel filter with a separating type but can't find much info of an actual filter in the AR192 vs the pump screen. Also picking up some fuel-Ox Marine.
Would love to hear more too.
Last weekend, on the second day at sea, power gradually came down. First I couldn't go over 7000 rpm, and towards the end of the day it was barely making 6200 rpm.
I will take a look at the Air filter and probably change the spark plugs, even though I changed them in June.

tfsnowrider

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I still haven't gotten the separating fuel filter installed, but put in some Stabil fuel stabilizer. Worked like a champ. I put it in at every fill up with ethanol gas now and she's been running prefectly. I burn almost the full tank every weekend so i wouldn't think there would be enough time for condensation, but i'm in a crazy humid climate (VA) and it's been raining almost daily all summer.

sebmcadet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Thanks for your comment @tfsnowrider. I only use Ethanol Free gas. So I believe that's not my issue. But I will keep digging, as the summer here in FL has been also super humid, and it happened a weekend we spent on the gulf (vs at home on the lakes). -- Enjoy what's left of the summer!

tfsnowrider

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
addi
Thanks for your comment @tfsnowrider. I only use Ethanol Free gas. So I believe that's not my issue. But I will keep digging, as the summer here in FL has been also super humid, and it happened a weekend we spent on the gulf (vs at home on the lakes). -- Enjoy what's left of the summer!
Additive can't hurt for $7 IMO. good luck!

sebmcadet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Changed my filter and lake tested it.
Air filter works fine. (See attachment)
However, I can't get over 6900rpm.
I've lost a few mph in top speed and I can feel that the boat is a tad slower out the hole since the last WE.
I still don't know why.

1. My throttle range seems good (hit to stops on both end)
2. Today water temp was 82F.
3. I started with a cold engine and ran it at WOT for a few min (so I assume the engine just started to warm up).
Max RPM was 6900rpm (I saw it hit 7000, but then settled at 6900).
I don't think it's a heat soak issue, as I barely ran it for a few min but can't rule it out.
(Spark plug changed end of June)

Any advice anyone?

Attachments

KingCold

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Did you ever resolve your issue? Sorry to beat this dead horse, I am having a very similar issue. Checked everything you did, changed sc clutch, still not getting power.

RookieJetBoater

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Yes. resolved but have burnt out 2 more clutches since then.
20minutes.
20 hours.
Never at Wot and only baby'd the boat.
Totally frustrating

Went to another dealer and they said the first 2 replacements were not installed correctly. Well I will believe that after I get my boat back next week and it doesn't shred another clutch in the first week.

But - yes - the clutch was the issue. and the new clutch "went" in first 20 minutes

KingCold

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Thank you for the response. Super frustrating. New clutch is in and the boat won’t go above 7200 rpm / 30 mph. That is the first test after install of the sc clutch and bov.

sebmcadet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I have had this recurrent issue too. Now, this winter, with cooler temps (in FL), I got the engine at WOT to hit pretty regularly the 7600rpm. (And 46 mph w/o passengers for the first time with this boat). Now, I never changed the SC clutch. With warmer waters now and 4-6 passengers, my top speed is 7000-7100 rpm / 36 mph. Should I consider changing it?

RookieJetBoater

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Here's an update on my situation.
Got another new clutch installed this year. This one is running well after about 30hrs

I also have a Fizzle y1000 with dedicate water line.
However, when boat is cold the first start my RPMs go to 6000 then Always drop to 5000. The only time it doesn't happen SEEMS to be when humidity is low and air temp hot (80F). Even if I let the boat warm up for a few minutes.

After the first start it is no longer a problem.
I run the boat carefully. I rarely go over 7000 RPM
A friend mentioned he thought BOV might be releasing when cold. Thoughts?