• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR192 or AR195

ROGUE111

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used to ski competitively in college but I will admit my trusty 67" HO is a little small for me now...

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

ROGUE111

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did read it but appreciate the reference. I'd like to see if the changes I already made makes any difference before purchasing a $300 plastic cone. I would imagine ill probably pick one up eventually regardless though.

Mursenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have not driven both, so can't speak to the difference in power, but I have a 192 that I use just the way you want to use and have never thought it under powered in any way. I also have never experienced heat soak with it, and I live and boat in Florida. I think if you look around, negotiate with a private seller, and are willing to drive maybe farther to trailer it back, you can definitely do better than the 30K price you mentioned. The seller will get nowhere close to that as a trade, and almost anyone who has sold a used boat can tell you that it is a lot tougher than selling a car (not everyone has a boat), so use that to your advantage. Good Luck!

thepiratemorgan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Where is everyone getting the
OEM SVHO intercooler for a couple of hundred bucks? I've searched around and can't find anything under 8 or 9 hundred with aftermarket going for greater than a grand

thepiratemorgan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Don't know how I missed that ... Thank you!

osuart

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@swatski you said you had a AR192’15 - i just picked on up and you seem to be a pro 192 guy among many that are not.. What cobra package did you do? I am going through ordering some replacement worn items and looking to do a plug oil and air filter swap ASAP. Any other advice, links etc much apprecaited!

sebmcadet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I've lost RPMs at WOT last weekend. The max I got was 6800rpm. Warm weekend, warm water. So maybe heat soak.
So in my journey to troubleshooting the issue I've changed my air filter form the stock Yamaha airbox to the K&N larger air filter.
My spark plugs are from June. Oil changed in Aug. Battery changed this summer as well.
My throttle range seems good (hit to stops on both end)

Today water temp was 82F. I started with a cold engine and ran it at WOT for a few min (so I assume the engine just started to warm up). Max RPM was 6900rpm (I saw it hit 7000, but then settled at 6900).
I don't think it's a heat soak issue, as I barely ran it for a few min but can't rule it out.
Once at 6900 rpm it stays there. Ran at WOT for another 6-7 min and headed back. (I didn't check the pissers temp though!)

Any advice anyone?

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I've lost RPMs at WOT last weekend. The max I got was 6800rpm. Warm weekend, warm water. So maybe heat soak.
So in my journey to troubleshooting the issue I've changed my air filter form the stock Yamaha airbox to the K&N larger air filter.
My spark plugs are from June. Oil changed in Aug. Battery changed this summer as well.
My throttle range seems good (hit to stops on both end)

Today water temp was 82F. I started with a cold engine and ran it at WOT for a few min (so I assume the engine just started to warm up). Max RPM was 6900rpm (I saw it hit 7000, but then settled at 6900).
I don't think it's a heat soak issue, as I barely ran it for a few min but can't rule it out.
Once at 6900 rpm it stays there. Ran at WOT for another 6-7 min and headed back. (I didn't check the pissers temp though!)

Any advice anyone?
It's possible that you're throttle cable has stretched a little bit and you aren't getting all the way to the throttle stop.

sebmcadet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Thanks for your reply @d_coyne1984. I checked and I do hit both stops.
Now, it doesn't mean the cable isn't a bit loose. I'll tighten the linkage.
I will try to go on the water this week and get a feel of the water temperature coming out of the pissers.

Also, is anyone recommending checking the Supercharger clutch? Is there an 'easy' way to find out?

Thanks