• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR192 Wakeballasts....Help

Jerry Gizenski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Hey guys. I own a 2014 AR192. We use this boat primarily for wakeboarding and kneeboarding, this is the first jet boat that I have ever owned and I am really disappointed with the size of the wake. I could really use some help from other ar192 owners about correct placement of ballasts and exactly how much weight in each ballast to get a decent-sized wake. My initial idea was to place 200 pounds in the left rear compartment, 200 pounds in the right rear compartment and 200 pounds in the ski Locker. Also, I am going to be using sandbags instead of water ballasts to avoid having to drill through the hull to plumb the water ballasts which will void my warranty. Any thoughts, suggestions would be a really great help. Thank you.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @Jerry Gizenski glad that you found us and decided to join. I'm sure that a few of the guys/gals with 190 series boats will have specific advice for a better wake. Maybe look into the "wake shaper" that one of our members has developed (sorry, can't remember the exact member or name of his product). Hopefully he has one for the 190's.

you mentioned that you were going to add weight directly to the boat by way of sand bags. I love the idea, especially for figuring out where to get the best shaped wake while you experiment. But it would concern me for two reasons. One, it would be harder to dump overboard in an emergency situation, and two, I'd want the weight out of the boat while towing. I'd hate to have that additional weight put on the hull by the bunk boards. Especially towing over a bumpy road.

ive never heard of a hull warranty being voided by drilling through it for a ballast system. But I do appreciate your concern there. You could make a system that has everything on board and would just require you to drop a hose in over the side to fill the bags. Just an idea.

Anyway, I hope you figure a way out to get the desired effect from your boat. Glad to have you on the forum. ;)