• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR195 // Family of 4

waverebel

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Texas Gulf Coast based family of 4. I'm coming out of a 18 foot bay boat that had limited seating and wondering if the AR195 would be comfortable enough for 4-6 people, which is how many we typically have with us.

We will be tubing, wakeboarding and cruising around in general. Not sure if I need to be looking at the larger options with dual engines.

This will be my first jetboat, pictures with your 195's loaded down would be helpful!

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
You need to look at a bigger option. My 21' is comfortable with six people, but gets crowded when six people bring a bunch of shit. The redundancy of two engines is a nice peace of mind.

waverebel

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You need to look at a bigger option. My 21' is comfortable with six people, but gets crowded when six people bring a bunch of shit. The redundancy of two engines is a nice peace of mind.

Thanks, I hadn't thought about all the gear that has to be stored somewhere. The bay boat had alot of floor space for that stuff, but at the expense of seating.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Texas Gulf Coast based family of 4. I'm coming out of a 18 foot bay boat that had limited seating and wondering if the AR195 would be comfortable enough for 4-6 people, which is how many we typically have with us.

We will be tubing, wakeboarding and cruising around in general. Not sure if I need to be looking at the larger options with dual engines.

This will be my first jetboat, pictures with your 195's loaded down would be helpful!
We have a 190. Same size as the 195.

Family of 4 and a dog is great. Wife, myself, 11yr old, 5yr old and 50lb lab mix. It's nearly perfect. Plenty of space for everyone and all their stuff. We often bring Grandma/Granddad with us, so up to 4 adults 2 kids. We have (2) coolers that slide under the bench for drinks, and another that sits at the captains feet for food. With that load it works out well for us. It's snug sometimes with 4 adults, but it's not bad. With just 2 adults and 2 kids it's great for long day trips.

6-adults you start playing musical chairs to get under the seats for coolers/bags/etc. 8-adults is too tight. You can fit them, but you better be really good friends, or intend on 1-2 people being in the water all day on a tube/board/float. I've done 8 adults and it was a long and crowded day with lots of moving around to get into storage for all the crap everyone brings. You can do it, but you better coordinate well on what coolers and what bags everyone is bringing.

Here's some pics for size references. (Click for larger images)

We had (4) adults and (3) kids and the dog on July 4th '21.
Doug was worn out :D
1688656531918.png

Wife Toddler and oldest child here. You can see the friends Yeti on the floor there because it was easier to be "in the way" instead of getting under a seat to access it every time.
1688656604542.png

Dog and the oldest boy were sleeping on the other side. Again, another backpack on deck being used as a makeshift pillow.
1688656662217.png

Here's (7) of us in the rear lounge area. Doesn't show the boat real well from this vantage point, but we had a good day. Cruised from Navarre, FL to Pensacola via the ICW to watch the Blue Angels practice. Everyone was comfy and we had plenty of space for all our stuff for the day. Ran 30-33mph down and back and used a tank of fuel along the way.
1688656831393.png

Here's an idea of how much "stuff" we usually have on the boat. All of this fits inside the storage and we still have tons of room left for our supplies for the day. There really is a huge amount of storage on these boats compared to their size.

1688656963091.png

If you have 6 adults, and they're the same adults on a regular basis, you'll develop a pattern and it'll be fine. If you're trying to bring (2) other couples with you that are different each time, it'll be tight. again, 8 adults is too tight IMO. I have often served as the "shuttle driver" for getting people to a cove and back for events. 8 people there works fine, they're comfy for the short ride, then get out and hang out on shore all day. Then "shuttle" back to the dock. That works great, plenty of space there. If you are just going out to anchor, then cruise a bit, then head back in, a good portion of your day will be spent with people in the water, and the crowding is only really noticeable during transitions between activities.

I know a LOT of people think the 19' boats are too small for anything useful, but we love ours. If you don't think it's for you, then my suggestion is to go as big as you can. Once you cross into fullsize pickup/suv territory to tow, and you're not keeping it in the garage at home anymore, the financial penalty to get the biggest boat you can is relatively small. If we ever upgrade it will be to a 25ft boat.

Last edited: