• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR195 intermediate bearing housing

Jeff Harrison

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2017 AR195 with just under 10 hours and will be doing all the maintenance myself. The email I received from Yamaha indicates that I should lubricate bearing housings at 10 hours but the owners manual says to do that at 100 hours or 12 months. Seems to be a lot of knowledgeable people on here so what do you guys think and if I go ahead and do that now, how much? I have seen several references to add a little over 1 fluid ounce. Screenshot of my manual is below.
IMG_1455.JPG

This is a screenshot from the email I received from Yamaha. When I click download maintanance guide it only gives the option for the AR192
IMG_0189.PNG

When I download the AR192 maintenance guide it gives me this.
IMG_0190.PNG

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That is interesting. I just looked over all the 2017 19', 21' and 24' boat manuals and all of them say the same thing to do it at 100 hours now. Previously this was part of the 10 hour service. I wonder if something actually changed at the plant or if this is a typo?

Jeff Harrison

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is interesting. I just looked over all the 2017 19', 21' and 24' boat manuals and all of them say the same thing to do it at 100 hours now. Previously this was part of the 10 hour service. I wonder if something actually changed at the plant or if this is a typo?
I added a few screenshots to show what I am talking about, a little confusing so I thought I would see what others are doing.

viper15

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Check out page 114 of your owners manual. That's the info on greasing the main bearing. It states to fill with 1.11 - 1.18oz of greats after first 10 hours of use. After that it's 0.20 - 0.27oz every 100 hours. The larger quantity on the first service is mostly to fill the tube that leads down to the bearing. The bearing is greased from the factory, but the tube is empty. I don't know why this doesn't appear in the maintenance chart on pages 117 & 118. Here's a screen shot.
upload_2017-6-16_8-25-12.png

Jeff Harrison

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Check out page 114 of your owners manual. That's the info on greasing the main bearing. It states to fill with 1.11 - 1.18oz of greats after first 10 hours of use. After that it's 0.20 - 0.27oz every 100 hours. The larger quantity on the first service is mostly to fill the tube that leads down to the bearing. The bearing is greased from the factory, but the tube is empty. I don't know why this doesn't appear in the maintenance chart on pages 117 & 118. Here's a screen shot.
View attachment 57830
Thanks!! I looked all thru the manual last night and never saw that but there it is, still wonder why it doesn't say to do it in the maintenance log on page 117. I will be adding grease now for sure.