• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR195 Lateral Thrusters - AWESOME!

viper15

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just received my lateral thursters a few days ago and am super pleased with them. I couldn't be happier!

Product:
The final outcome of the produce in my hand is impressive. The casting on the thrusters have no extra slag, and minimal casting lines. Final machining has no burrs and is well made. All extra hardware came with locktite already on the bolts. Extra mounting brackets were also well made. Packaging for the entire kit was well done, professional, and gave me a good first impression with the product.

Shipping:
Shipping was right on time. I was very impressed that I received a phone call shortly after placing an order online. The phone call was simply there to inform me that my order was received, confirming my email address, and that I would receive a tracking number the following day. That is great customer service.

Installation:
Instructions were well laid out and easy to follow. Pictures always help and they were a good representation of what was explained in the process steps. I got slightly messed up at one point, only because I removed the entire pump to install the lateral thruster. And that's only because I then did an extra step of removing the articulating keel when I didn't need to. Removing the pump I think makes the job a bit easier, and quicker. But the job can be done with the pump in place, but then removal of the keel is necessary. So there are two ways to get the install done. In all, it took me about 30 mins.

Performance:
I already had the Thrust Vectors installed, and they made a great improvement with the boat's handling performance for forward motion. When in reverse, they made a slight improvement over stock. For example - a week prior to installing the lateral thrusters, I was in a situation backing my boat away from the dock. I had just dropped off a group at the dock and was getting in place to load on the trailer. There was a slight breeze coming from the direction that I needed to back the boat. With the wheel turned all the way into the breeze, the boat would not even turn slightly in reverse. It simply backed up straight. Frustrating as I needed to loop around to get into position. Now with the lateral thrusters installed, I can turn on my own axis within the length of my boat. This is simply amazing! The control I have at the dock is mind boggling! I can come into a docking maneuver over shooting my speed or angle, and quickly make the right correction. Getting out of dock is also super easy. I've never had this much control over my boat, or any other traditional drive boat I've ever had.

Amazing product! Thank you so much Jet Boat Pilot!!!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@viper15, you use the thread tools link at the top of the thread to change the title.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@viper15 thank you for the detailed write up! Would you mind writing something similar on our web site? This sort of thing is very helpful for others who are debating on making the purchase. Thanks again and enjoy!

viper15

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@viper15 thank you for the detailed write up! Would you mind writing something similar on our web site? This sort of thing is very helpful for others who are debating on making the purchase. Thanks again and enjoy!
Done!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length