• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR195 Trailer Mods Almost complete

danclemo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought the new bow roller from Sholtz, but I think that pretty old news here. That was my first trailer mod.

Secondly I added ratchet straps. It took me bit of thinking on how to fit them. I ended bending the trailer hook ears inward and the ratchet straps fit perfect and almost hidden from the side view. If you are scared to whack a part of your new trailer with a large hammer, this mods not for you....LOL. It only took two whacks and ear bent perfectly. I cover with cloth first, so no marks.

I also found the perfect cover for my trailer chains. I hated the fact they would nick/ding my trailer eventually so wanted them covered. I ended up going to bike shop to buy an inner tube. They had a whole pile of used ones they gave me for free. The 1 1/4 x 26" ended up being the winner with a perfect fit over the chains.

Forth, I bought trailer guides but in process of painting them black to match trailer. Will post picture when complete, but anything to make life easier at loading ramp I'm all for it!

Oh, I also replaced the 'bobbi pin" sized hitch pin that goes into the swing tongue with a real hitch pin. I still want to find a very thin coated cable to cable it to trailer so I don't lose it.

Anyhow, hope these help anyone looking to improve the trailer a bit.boat chain cover.JPG boat ratched strap 1.JPG boat ratchet strap 2.JPG boat ratchet strap 3.JPG

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks good. I love the tire over chain idea.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I also installed my transom ratchet straps in the same way, so if anyone else is considering it, it has worked for me now for the past two seasons.

danclemo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I also installed my transom ratchet straps in the same way, so if anyone else is considering it, it has worked for me now for the past two seasons.
After looking at different ways to install, I thought this was the cleanest by far. Was a little nervous bending the ears on my new trailer, but they bent real easy. I should note to folks doing this, I did have to buy shorter mounting bolts for the ratchet straps. The ones that came with my straps were too long to mount here. So I had to spend another $1.25.

Joe Hellaby

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That looks nice! I would do that too, but I always use the chains to wrap around and lock with a padlock so it can't be straighten. And I always bring the hitch pin inside with me, again, so no one steals the boat :)
So far the only mod I've made to the trailer is a spare tire holder, but hope to install boat buckles next spring

danclemo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That looks nice! I would do that too, but I always use the chains to wrap around and lock with a padlock so it can't be straighten. And I always bring the hitch pin inside with me, again, so no one steals the boat :)
So far the only mod I've made to the trailer is a spare tire holder, but hope to install boat buckles next spring
Thinking I need spare tire also, never know when you may need it.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Although it's not the boat itself it is boat (break out another thousand) related, so there are always more mods to do. For example, adding a boat buddy or ramp n clamp to make solo loading / power loading easier, putting lights on the guide posts to make the trailer more visible, replacing the trailer safety chain with a boat buckle/self retracting strap, replacing the stock winch and trailer Jack with the Fulton f2 products for the beefier look/feel, adding a step to the bow post. Also Installing hydro turf or seadeck on the trailer for non slip purposes and trailer guide pads and covers to protect the boat's rub rail. Almost forgot about the LED lights and lock for the tongue pin. If you really want to go all out get aftermarket rims and add an rv/always on camera to the rear of the trailer so you can always see what's behind the boat. If you add a spare tire I suggest you get a lock for it as well. Finally, a magnetic side lockout key is a nice touch of you find yourself using the stock D key or a nickel much to mechanically disable the surge brake mechanism.

Not sure if it's a good or bad thing but I've done a lot of the mods above mostly with the idea of making trailer boating easier. I've been doing this a long time maybe too long but the best mod I can think of is getting slip and getting rid of the trailer altogether.

Last edited:

danclemo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Although it's not the boat itself it is boat (break out another thousand) related, so there are always more mods to do. For example, adding a boat buddy or ramp n clamp to make solo loading / power loading easier, putting lights on the guide posts to make the trailer more visible, replacing the trailer safety chain with a boat buckle/self retracting strap, replacing the stock winch and trailer Jack with the Fulton f2 products for the beefier look/feel, adding a step to the bow post. Also Installing hydro turf or seadeck on the trailer for non slip purposes and trailer guide pads and covers to protect the boat's rub rail. Almost forgot about the LED lights and lock for the tongue pin. If you really want to go all out get aftermarket rims and add an rv/always on camera to the rear of the trailer so you can always see what's behind the boat. If you add a spare tire I suggest you get a lock for it as well. Finally, a magnetic side lockout key is a nice touch of you find yourself using the stock D key or a nickel much to mechanically disable the surge brake mechanism.

Not sure if it's a good or bad thing but I've done a lot of the mods above mostly with the idea of making trailer boating easier. I've been doing this a long time maybe too long but the best mod I can think of is getting slip and getting rid of the trailer altogether.
The slip is the best idea for sure. Only problem here, they want "arm and leg" for slip on good lakes in this area. So we are left to trailer. Some advantages to trailer though, we can try different lakes and I get to take it home and baby it while in the garage...LOL.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thinking I need spare tire also, never know when you may need it.
A great way to get a spare tire is to buy new rims and put radial tires on them. I think I ended up just over $300 for a set of aluminum rims and radial tires from Recstuff.com, mounted and balanced. Looks great and the trailer/boat will ride much, much better. Then keep one of your old tires/wheels for a spare and sell the other to someone else looking for a spare tire to recoup some cost.

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
A great way to get a spare tire is to buy new rims and put radial tires on them. I think I ended up just over $300 for a set of aluminum rims and radial tires from Recstuff.com, mounted and balanced. Looks great and the trailer/boat will ride much, much better. Then keep one of your old tires/wheels for a spare and sell the other to someone else looking for a spare tire to recoup some cost.
+1 on new wheels/tires to get your spare. I picked up some radials (13") w/ aluminum wheels balanced and they ride MUCH better. Going to install a spare tire carrier this weekend and picked up a spare cover for the stock wheel/tire.