• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ar195

Dylan Todd

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
The pins on my Bimini keep shaking out. Anyone been able to fix this problem?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Dylan Todd

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks.. I guess I wasn’t very clear. I was talking about the hinge pins on the Bimini it self that allows it to be lowered and put in a garage. I’ve had them fall out completely under speed. I don’t really see a way you keep them in permanently.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks.. I guess I wasn’t very clear. I was talking about the hinge pins on the Bimini it self that allows it to be lowered and put in a garage. I’ve had them fall out completely under speed. I don’t really see a way you keep them in permanently.
Are you talking about the tower? There are no huge pins on a 195 Bimini, have a pic of what you are talking about?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes. The pin should have a little spring on the side opposite the post it is holding. These, right?

That spring pushes the pin back against the hinge so that the hinge cannot rattle up and come through the hole. If your pin and the hole is not lubricated, then the spring gets stuck in the compressed state and the hinge can flip up and release the connection.

So I used to use a little WD40 on mine (until I replaced them entirely with the better connector).

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Yes. The pin should have a little spring on the side opposite the post it is holding. These, right?

That spring pushes the pin back against the hinge so that the hinge cannot rattle up and come through the hole. If your pin and the hole is not lubricated, then the spring gets stuck in the compressed state and the hinge can flip up and release the connection.

So I used to use a little WD40 on mine (until I replaced them entirely with the better connector).
Huh I have never seen anything remotely like that on mine. Are they on the older models?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh, sorry! Thought they were the same. Yes, these were what were holding all of the bimini connections on my boat (and they would pop out, just like you describe).

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Oh, sorry! Thought they were the same. Yes, these were what were holding all of the bimini connections on my boat (and they would pop out, just like you describe).
Oh I'm not the one that started the thread! I was just wondering, you are probably right in his case that is more than likely what he is talking about

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oops. My bad... But his year is only 1 off of yours. So he may have what you had rather than these...

Dylan Todd

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
This is the pin the is giving me trouble.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Giant picture showing the pin.
OK, that is a MUCH MUCH larger issue. This is the forward pivot of the TOWER. Not to be confused with the Bimini. The bimini is just the frame and shade fabric that is attached to the tower.

When I had my tower off, those areas on my tower were machined VERY VERY poorly. There is a snap ring that holds that pin in place, and most likely it's missing do to some crap machining.

Here's what the pin looks like:
1601124135713.png

It "bangs in" from the inside of the boat towards the outside, then a snap ring holds it in place. If memory serves me right. The orientation of the above picture is for the PORT side pin. The "small end" and O-Ring go towards the INSIDE of the boat, and then the snap ring to hold the assembly in place.

I just walked out in the garage and took a picture of mine. If you don't have this snap ring, then you'll need to get a new one, and replace it.

Here's mine:
1601124376852.png

Here are some pliers to take them in/out.

Here is an assortment of snap rings. I can measure mine if you like, but an assortment is cheap and will most likely have the size you need.

I'll be happy to take a video of me taking mine apart if you need better explanation.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Dylan Todd A couple other thoughts......

I'm 99% certain your pins are in "backwards" and you're definitely missing that snap ring.

In unrelated topics......What gets VP racing fuel? I can see the cans in the background :D :D

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ya mine does have one, never even noticed it. Never had an issue with it obviously, first I've heard of anyone having an issue with that specific part
Agreed. This is the first I've heard of this issue. The retaining ring lands on my tower are VERY much NOT concentric, and are VERY poorly machined at that. I suspect @Dylan Todd had the ring escape, and now has nothing remaining to retain the pins. Hopefully it's a quick/easy fix for him.

Dylan Todd

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks guys exactly what I was looking for. The fuel cans are for the boat 🤗. I keep mine in the water during the summer and the marina has shit gas.

Dylan Todd

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
OK, that is a MUCH MUCH larger issue. This is the forward pivot of the TOWER. Not to be confused with the Bimini. The bimini is just the frame and shade fabric that is attached to the tower.

When I had my tower off, those areas on my tower were machined VERY VERY poorly. There is a snap ring that holds that pin in place, and most likely it's missing do to some crap machining.

Here's what the pin looks like:
View attachment 134254

It "bangs in" from the inside of the boat towards the outside, then a snap ring holds it in place. If memory serves me right. The orientation of the above picture is for the PORT side pin. The "small end" and O-Ring go towards the INSIDE of the boat, and then the snap ring to hold the assembly in place.

I just walked out in the garage and took a picture of mine. If you don't have this snap ring, then you'll need to get a new one, and replace it.

Here's mine:
View attachment 134255

Here are some pliers to take them in/out.

Here is an assortment of snap rings. I can measure mine if you like, but an assortment is cheap and will most likely have the size you need.

I'll be happy to take a video of me taking mine apart if you need better explanation.
Is that a rubber gasket on the end of the pin?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is that a rubber gasket on the end of the pin?
It's a rubber O-Ring, yes.

I can't find these parts on the exploded diagrams. I suspect they come as part of the tower package.

I can pull one of mine and measure if you need me to.

—Яiвs>

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Good call @2kwik4u. I can see the confusion now and agree that snap ring would be missing. I haven't had any issue with my pivot pins, will add that to my routine check list.

—Яiвs>

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Would appear that one of mine is starting to walk out.
1134BF77-E3A4-4E54-B388-C16EE92C1423.jpegAAB0897E-57D9-4D0F-824F-3784D4D42723.jpeg