• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR210 Glove Box Issues

H2OBoy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So my new AR210 has a decent size glove box with a flip-open lid on top, which is great for storing all kinds of paperwork........until it rains. It is not sealed in any way and even has a hole in the top to allow better entry for the water. Has anyone come up with a solution to at least keep the rain out so everything inside does not get wet?

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Paperwork? Are you going to business meetings on your boat? I don't know about sealing but off the top of my head laminating the paper may be a simple solution.

H2OBoy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Paperwork? Are you going to business meetings on your boat? I don't know about sealing but off the top of my head laminating the paper may be a simple solution.
I was actually just making the point that anything inside will get wet when it rains. I did have some paper items in there that came with the boat (radio owners manual, etc) that did get soaked during the first rain, but not necessarily looking to store paperwork there. I would prefer to find a way to seal this off to some degree.

Brent Compton

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the same issue with my 2017 AR210. All my papers form when I bought it are destroyed. I wish the bimini would extend a few more inches towards the bow and it would solve a lot of that issue. Ive been using a dry bag for anything I put in the box.

Jetti

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
DON'T BOAT IN THE RAIN!!! It works for me, and all my stuff stays dry.:winkingthumbsup"

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The only items I keep on my glove department on my AR210 are beer koozies.
I'm actually thinking about sinking 2 cup holders into the lid of the glove department.
I just can't find ones that would work.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a much older version of the AR210 and the Bimini top does extend past the glovebox which I'm sure helps a lot. At least I haven't gotten any rain in there yet. However, I have lined the bottom of the glovebox with "dri- dek" or "turtle tiles" which keeps the items off the bottom and slows a bit of water to settle to the bottom if water does enter. You could even drill drain holes in the corners (which would keep the glovebox dry, but put the water in the closet) to preserve valuables in the glovebox.

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/dri-dek--dri-dek-panels--P015_456_001_512

IMG_0410.PNG

TS4811

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I put my paperwork and must "stay dry" stuff in a plastic envelope/folder (from Staples) and store that in starboard bulkhead locker, behind instruments. Out of the way and dry. This leaves the glove box open for sunscreen, flashlight, bottles, etc.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I have a small dry-bag for all paper-work that goes in there. I assume if it's not in a dry-bag that it will probably get wet at some point.