• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR210 Tower Anchor Light - Too High!

CJ06XLT

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our lake has a few tunnels in it which we routinely pass through. The southern tunnel is just about the same height at the top of tower light. Occasionally we scrape right in the middle of the tunnel. Has anyone dealt with this? I don't want to lower the tower, as that's a PITA. I pulled apart the tow point, and there is a 4 or 5 inch aluminum spacer between the rope guide and the light. I could pull it off and machine it down an inch perhaps. I checked out the 212X tower, and the assembly on that one looks shorter overall. Not a cheap assembly on the web though. I only want to drop it an inch or so, just looking for any other ideas before I chop it up.

Thanks!

DasCamel

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I sheered mine off on a short bridge next to the boat launch. Really sucked. Anyway, $500 and a welder solved my problem. If it's just an inch, need another light assembly that's shorter, more than that need to cut and reduce the metal below the point. Don't see another way short of manually reducing the tower or ballast sinking the boat.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you're going to take it off and modify it. Just make it hinged with a little O-Ring Seal. You'll get way more than an extra inch of clearance, and it's likely the same amount (or very similar) work.

Might also consider a sanitary tri-clamp to be welded on above the tow eye. Would be a really simple way to disconnect and remove. Let the light hang from the wire for a second while you pass under, then replace and reclamp.

CJ06XLT

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like I'll be taking to the machine shop sooner or later, thanks for the replies. I like the hinge / clamp ideas also, I'll have to give them some though before I start cutting.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you do any wakeboarding you probably have fat sacks onboard? If you're going out to board you'll be filling them anyway. Just a partial fill would give you more than an inch. If you're not a wakeboarder a couple more coolers of beer would work better.

Last edited: