• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR210 transom mount issue

Mjderoche

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi, I’ve been dealing with cavitation issues that I thought we fixed by adding some sealant around the transom mount. The boat seems to run decent but still feel like it’s not performing as good as it should. I decided to remove the intake grate and take a look at the backside of the transom mount. See pictures attached. It definitely does not feel smooth between the wear ring and the intake tunnel. There is a good size gap/ledge almost all the way around. Looking at pics of factory transom mounts it appears that it should be smooth/flush with the wear ring, correct? Will I be better off buying new transom mounts or trying to fill this void with something like 5200 sealant?

thanks,
MikeIMG_4907.jpeg

Attachments

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR