• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR230 Not Turning Over

boatcop

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2008 AR230. problem one engine will not crack over. Turn key nothing. He is waht I did so far.
(1) Changed the key switch with other no luck
(2) Changed the starter solenoid twice no luck
(3) Battery checked to 13.5 v
(4) Turned key switch to on and jump the solenoid engine turns over will not start.
I do have yamaha program will that tell me anything You think I should switch the ecm box from good engine and try.
You guys think it may be the ecm

Thanks
Rich in Mexico

Ever that when I jump the solenoid engines turn over but key will not turn over the stater could be bad

OK I put volt meter on the solenoid I ghave 12 v from battery side. When I check starter side when I turn key to start no volts to that side. I replace the solenoid twice

Then ur solenoid is bad. Did it work for a little while after u replaced the solenoid.

I had to replace the ecm once bc it wasn’t sending power to my fuel pump. That wasn’t cheap. And it was the week before vacation. But partzilla got it to me in time. I would switch the solenoid from the other motor and see if it works. That’s the great part of having two engines.

question guys I have the Yahama program which I used on my engines the good engine which turns over I was able to read the program. I switch to engine which does not crank over and the program will not read engine. Do u think its a bad ecm

question guys I have the Yahama program which I used on my engines the good engine which turns over I was able to read the program. I switch to engine which does not crank over and the program will not read engine. Do u think its a bad ecm

Seems possible. I would check all the ECM fuses. If no luck with fuses swap the ECMs to see if that solves the problem.

Did you find out what the issue was?

You will not believe this. I was checking wires and just for fun I pulled the hatch cover wires and the were bad. I cut wires and did away with the switches and now they start. It was the dam stitch wires on the hatch always check they looked good but decided to cut and redue.

Thanks for the update!

@boatcop I would repair the wires to the switches.

I would not expect anyone to be able to put their hand into a rotating pump through the clean out port but if someone did release one of the plugs while an engine was on I would expect broken bones and tissue loss.

Additionally the engines quitting in the event of a plug blowout severe enough to disturb the hatch is a useful warning.

Back