• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ar240 2011 vs 2012 Tower

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So,
I have a 2011, it does NOT "fold" well it does, if you take some bolts out, but my research on here shows that' it does not get any lower when folded.

Now my understanding is that the 2012's do fold. Is that wrong? What is different? Google foo just shows some black nobs on the tower. Is there any reasonable way I could buy the knobs and convert mine? The dimensions appear similar.

Appreciate any help.

Luke.

JayZ2012

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm not sure you could rig it to work like a 2012. I have the 2012, and the difference is that the back legs have knobs just under your wakeboard rack that allow the back legs to fold down. Then the tower folds and it is roughly the same height as the windshield. I have to fold mine every time I take it out because of a low bridge. I think you'd have to have someone weld aluminum joints onto it- since the legs are hollow tubes.

pulaskijb

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can one buy a 2012 tower and bolt it on a 2011 Ar240?

JayZ2012

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here are some closer pics of the hinge and knobs on the 2012. Sometimes people on these forums are selling a tower that might fit your boat. If you really want a folding tower it might be worth it to trade in your boat or sell it outright to get one that already has a folding tower on it.

Attachments

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JayZ2012, can you take a picture of the front mounting points of the top portion of the tower too? I have a buddy who is a metal fabricator and I am going to see if he can modify my current tower.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JayZ2012, can you take a picture of the front mounting points of the top portion of the tower too? I have a buddy who is a metal fabricator and I am going to see if he can modify my current tower.
Make sure he's comfortable welding on (relatively) thin wall aluminum. Have one friend who has spent his life as a pipe fitter and is not great with thin wall aluminum, but has built pressure vessels for years. Have another friend that can't stick weld to save his butt, but makes the prettiest stack of dimes on aluminum I've ever seen. I would consider both to be experts, but would only want my tower going to the second.

A good metal fab guy that is comfortable with aluminum should be able to add those joints for you at a reasonable expense.