• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR240 Mooring cover suggestions (custom?)

kenmo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys....searched around quite a bit on this subject already and didn't really find anything to solve my "issue." Hoping I may get some ideas/suggestions from you guys:

I just bought a 2018 AR240. This will stay in my covered slip on a lift 75% of the year. I can pull the boat into the slip with the tower up and get it about halfway up on the lift. To get it fully up into the "stored" position, I need to fold the tower down.

The TX sun is pretty brutal, so I'm wanting the cover to also drape down underneath the rub rail to protect the sides/bow.

So my requirements for this cover are:
1. Able to cover the boat with the tower down. Prefer for this to be able to be INSTALLED with the tower down as well.
2. Shield sides/bow from direct sun and reflection off the water
3. Does NOT need to be trailerable
4. Easily installable keeping in mind this is on a lift and not on a trailer

So far, I actually really like the transport cover. If I can't find anything else "off the shelf" I'm thinking of taking that to a local upholstery/boat cover guy and have them use that as a template. Good coverage on the sides, covers the tower in the down position, reasonably easy to put on/take off. I think I'd delete the use of the ratchet straps and have them install some elastic and/or drawstring instead.

All that said, any suggestions from the group? Did anyone find anything off the shelf that would work for me?

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys....searched around quite a bit on this subject already and didn't really find anything to solve my "issue." Hoping I may get some ideas/suggestions from you guys:

I just bought a 2018 AR240. This will stay in my covered slip on a lift 75% of the year. I can pull the boat into the slip with the tower up and get it about halfway up on the lift. To get it fully up into the "stored" position, I need to fold the tower down.

The TX sun is pretty brutal, so I'm wanting the cover to also drape down underneath the rub rail to protect the sides/bow.

So my requirements for this cover are:
1. Able to cover the boat with the tower down. Prefer for this to be able to be INSTALLED with the tower down as well.
2. Shield sides/bow from direct sun and reflection off the water
3. Does NOT need to be trailerable
4. Easily installable keeping in mind this is on a lift and not on a trailer

So far, I actually really like the transport cover. If I can't find anything else "off the shelf" I'm thinking of taking that to a local upholstery/boat cover guy and have them use that as a template. Good coverage on the sides, covers the tower in the down position, reasonably easy to put on/take off. I think I'd delete the use of the ratchet straps and have them install some elastic and/or drawstring instead.

All that said, any suggestions from the group? Did anyone find anything off the shelf that would work for me?
aloha kenmo, YES the Stock Yamaha white Shipping cover would solve all ur problems. Ur boat just like mines probably came with the shipping cover that’s just like the mooring cover(tower out, only to rubrails). I would suggest u call ur local dealers in ur area if they have any, a lot of times the customer doesn’t take it. I looked on eBay to see if there were any there none. Keep looking there they tend to pop up sometimes. Hopefully someone here would be willing to sell/give u there’s. I lucked out and was given one by a gentleman in New York, for the shipping of my boat. The pic bellow is of the one u want, total coverage with tower down and low on the hull. Make some calls I did a lot of the dealers I called had shipping covers, ask the community here Good luck.🤙🏽

Attachments

kenmo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Aloha rkim808! Appreciate the response! Actually, that photo is the shipping cover I received from the dealer. I agree it's really a fine fit and meets all my requirements. Unfortunately it came to me with some small rips and tears in it already. I suspect a full summer out in the TX heat will probably suck out whatever life is left in it.

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Aloha rkim808! Appreciate the response! Actually, that photo is the shipping cover I received from the dealer. I agree it's really a fine fit and meets all my requirements. Unfortunately it came to me with some small rips and tears in it already. I suspect a full summer out in the TX heat will probably suck out whatever life is left in it.
Aloha kenmo, oh I see. Yeah mines isn’t in that great of shape either. But it did do what I needed it to do, and that was to protect the boat on her 5000+ mile journey here to Hawaii. To bad Yamaha didn’t make a shipping cover in the same material as the mooring cover...🤙🏽

Rueben