• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ar240 problem

Logan1125

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2011 at 240 and I’ve noticed when my starboard engine is not peeing at all no matter the rpm’s and also water is coming into the boat and filling up engine bay when moving and increasing rpm’s please help cant figure it out assuming they are related

Sounds like one of the hoses to the cooling spouts, got loose and came off, so now that warm water is draining directly into that compartment (right/starboard aft cockpit) before eventually draining into the bilge. If this is the case it’s a 5 to 10 minute fix if you are small enough to crawl into the compartment. Bring an 8mm socket wrench for the hose clamp, maybe bring two new hose clamps as well (one for each cooling spout).

The he hose that goes from the engine to the driver side of the boat?

The he hose that goes from the engine to the driver side of the boat?
Yes. Lift/remove the seat cushion behind the captains chair. You should see two hoses running from the engine compartment to the hill/cooling spouts/pissers. These are located just above the top of the compartment, out of sight unless you stick your head in there.

Those are all connected

Those are all connected
Follow the hose from the transom. You can see it from the hatch between the clean-out ports. It will come into the engine compartment on the right of the coupler (As looking into the engine bay) and merge with a red hose through a Y connector. Follow it from there as it connects to the exhaust and oil cooler. Could be leaking from any of those connections.

Back