• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR240 Shorelander bow stop setup - need opinions

Stevepro172

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Boating newbie here. Have a 2018 AR240. See photo but clearly the dealer move the bow stop up one bolt hole from where the factory placed it. My question to other owners is which location are you using? I ask because when I put the boat back on the trailer I for the life of me have to crank like mad to get the boat front end lifted to get the bow roller under the ledge. I did try to lower it back down but then the front of the boat would not touch it! I'm thinking there are other variables in play that i'm not thinking about.IMG_0502.JPG

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
When you are backed into the ramp/water the boat is sitting level with the water but the trailer is angled down the ramp. As you pull the boat up and out of the ramp the back of the boat rocks down on to the trailer causing the bow to rotate upward and and sometimes away from the roller. As far as aligning the roller with the bow eye, I would go to a ramp during a quiet time and put the boat on the trailer but don’t crank it all the way to the eye, leave about an inch or two away. Pull the boat out like this allowing it to do its rocking/rotating thing down flat on the trailer so it’s settled where it needs to be and then align the roller to be in line with the eye. Back it back in and crank it up.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Boating newbie here. Have a 2018 AR240. See photo but clearly the dealer move the bow stop up one bolt hole from where the factory placed it. My question to other owners is which location are you using? I ask because when I put the boat back on the trailer I for the life of me have to crank like mad to get the boat front end lifted to get the bow roller under the ledge. I did try to lower it back down but then the front of the boat would not touch it! I'm thinking there are other variables in play that i'm not thinking about.View attachment 80489
Looks good/safe, just make sure all the nuts are tight. And you got the Stoltz roller! which is great.
Many people use a 5mph break/stop after loading the boat on the trailer - to "tuck" the bow, then re-tighten the tie-downs.

--

Stevepro172

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When you are backed into the ramp/water the boat is sitting level with the water but the trailer is angled down the ramp. As you pull the boat up and out of the ramp the back of the boat rocks down on to the trailer causing the bow to rotate upward and and sometimes away from the roller. As far as aligning the roller with the bow eye, I would go to a ramp during a quiet time and put the boat on the trailer but don’t crank it all the way to the eye, leave about an inch or two away. Pull the boat out like this allowing it to do its rocking/rotating thing down flat on the trailer so it’s settled where it needs to be and then align the roller to be in line with the eye. Back it back in and crank it up.
I will give that a try. Thanks

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My 2017 ar240 trailer is set in the same hole as your photo.