• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR240 trailer ball height?

Kennc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In anticipation of my upcoming delivery I need a new ball mount for the tow vehicle. Any know (or can measure) the height of the bottom of the trailer tongue?

Much appreciated if you can. Thanks.

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My setup: Top of ball at 18", bottom of ball at 15.25". I have 2014 AR210, but I assume they are both on same (or at least similar) shorelander trailer. Although if I'm wrong I will quickly get spanked.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What is your tow vehicle? Odds are someone has the same and can tell you what they use...

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
About knee height....I got scars to prove it!
Haha! Ain't that the truth.
Couple of years ago - in a drunken stuper - I ran into it full speed at night!
Talk about a gash! Kept on drinking - but holy shit did it hurt the following morning! It had its own heartbeat!

Kennc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2012 F150 Supercrew 2x4 (ecoboost - not that it matters). In the garage yesterday the bottom of the hitch receiver was 15 inches / top 17. It makes me think I need a riser, but not sure?

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
2012 F150 Supercrew 2x4 (ecoboost - not that it matters). In the garage yesterday the bottom of the hitch receiver was 15 inches / top 17. It makes me think I need a riser, but not sure?
I had a 2010 2x4 and now have a 2013 4x4 and on both I used a standard two inch drop flipped upside down, not sure the specific rise. That keeps the trailer level for me.

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Kennc i have pretty much the same truck as jaws and a 2014 ar240 with the same hitch configuration. Makes it almost dead level! The ecobeast will pull the boat like a dream.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use a standard straight 2" drop draw bar behind my 2013 F150 FX4

Reese Carbon Forged Ball Mount

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Tha
I had a 2010 2x4 and now have a 2013 4x4 and on both I used a standard two inch drop flipped upside down, not sure the specific rise. That keeps the trailer level for me.
that makes it level? Looks like it would be high in my mind.
I have a 2" drop on my 2009 Z71 and it really needs to be a couple inches higher.....but maybe the shorlanders are higher than my MFI.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Tha

I have a 2" drop on my 2009 Z71 and it really needs to be a couple inches higher.....but maybe the shorlanders are higher than my MFI.
Yep, It is the flip side of a two inch drop, so maybe a half inch rise or so? Most vehicles need a level to rise hitch with these boats. You have to factor in the bumper sink when the weight hits it too. I have tried both the drop and rise side and the drop is too low. I used the drop on my 99 Z71 and 03 Tahoe - it was slightly low. I never thought about simply flipping it back then, but on my Fords the rise is perfect.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Tha

Yeah, the Shorelander on the my 2015 is way higher than the MFI that came with my previous 2007. I have a 2015 Silverado 1500 z71 and I also use the 2" drop in the upside down position and it is perfect.