• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR250 Ballast

Emptytemples

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone had luck with adding more permanent ballast on the AR250?

The engine compartment has two flat ledges on either side of the engine. I'm very tempted to put sacs that will fit on those ledges nicely and install pumps to work on switches. I think that would be the bees knees but decent amount of work and money plus a few extra holes in a boat that is a year old. The space isn't very large but figure it could add maybe 500 lbs? Was going to reach out to the people that make all these ballast sacs and see if they had something that would fit nicely or create a custom one for people to buy. They have some for yamahas but mostly swim deck. I like having the swim deck to let people get their boards on. Isn't that one of the nice things about the swim deck?!

First year with the 250 and liking it but without loading it up with people, the wake for boarding is not impressive. Which I already assumed. Haven't tried wakesurfing in 15 years but I think that would be fun and then the swim deck bag would definitely come in handy.

Also, @JetBoatPilot has the wakeshaper/jet wash thing. Does anyone know if this works at wakeboard speed? Does this make a difference to the wake or jet wash for the rider?

Here's what i'm thinking. Sorry for the crudeness. I also found this image online because I didn't have one of this area handy.

1694178578209.png

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I would look at what the 255's use as stock ballast, plan from there. You could probably even buy the pumps, hardware, and bags off of a parts website.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
filling and emptying is one of the worst parts of surfing,

swatski had a great set up of plumbed bags and could be surfing in five minutes

calibration

the only consideration I might have of the location beside the engine is heat, I would consider a side plate of starboard or plywood to in case the bag shifts it wouldn't fall into the engine,

Emptytemples

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
filling and emptying is one of the worst parts of surfing,

swatski had a great set up of plumbed bags and could be surfing in five minutes

calibration

the only consideration I might have of the location beside the engine is heat, I would consider a side plate of starboard or plywood to in case the bag shifts it wouldn't fall into the engine,

Yes thought the same with heat. Was liking a starboard material idea myself. I bought 4 bags from someone on marketplace to try for next year. I think it will give me around 1300lbs of ballast and a tsunami pump for $350. I see how filling and emptying would be biggest pain points. Will definitely look to plumb something in if it gets used enough.

How old is too old to keep wakeboarding? LOL. I'm 34 and already feel like my body isn't what it used to be. Did a few wake to wake jumps a few weeks ago. Was the first time being on a board in maybe 10 years? Felt sore the next two days but had a ton of fun. Hoping to get my 3 year old into it within the next couple years to keep me young . . .