• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Are attached grills more work than they're worth??

I love this line. Something tells me that you and I have a lot in common.
I hope I didn't come off as selfish or inconsiderate. But it slowly builds when you tie up with a group. Started off just burgers for my family, then burgers for us plus my buddies family (x5), then a few more jumped in. Then it became a regular thing. It's just the snowball effect. I finally just quit bringing it. Now a couple of us have electric grills on the dock, with tables and chairs and we just grill there. Lots easier.

I've been fortunate or unfortunate depending on your point of view. We rarely tie up to other boats so we cook mostly for ourselves. I'm using the term we broadly since my wife and or sister in law usually cook when we are out together. When I'm just with friends one of the usually cooks. It's more than fair since I bring and drive the boat, pay for gas, launch fees, food, etc. the only thin I don't provide is alcohol and only because I don't drink any. On my first tie up ever with Hidnnos earlier this season we both had grills and ended up with too much food if that's possible.

If I ever was in the position of being an involuntary short order cook for a bunch of people I would have no problem handing the spatula and grill contol to whoever wants to cook their own food. I'm pretty sure most such offers would be accepted, if not immediately as soon as he or she sees other people eating well.

We grill on our boat almost every outing. Our grill mounts to the swim deck table mount. We grill hot dogs, kielbasa, corn on the cob, and non greasy stuff like that. No steaks, burgers, or anything greasy. Too much mess and too much fire hazard.

Back