• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Attaching boat anchor

chrisbechtel01

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone have a how to on attaching the boat anchor?

To the rode (rope) or to the boat?

To the rode you should use a chain with a shackle on each end and wire the shackles to lock them closed.

1628190377143.jpeg

For the boat I tie the very end of the line to the little holder tab inside the anchor locker as a safety. I just use the cleats on the boat when actually anchoring.

To the rope. How do I attached them

Ok got it. How do you keep the rope from coming apart after you cut it to length?

Ok got it. How do you keep the rope from coming apart after you cut it to length?
Step 1 would be don’t cut it. If you don’t already have a line just buy a dedicated anchor line of the length you need (100+ Ft).

To properly anchor you can sometimes end up with 7x the water depth worth of line out. At least that’s the guideline. I don’t usually end up using more than 3x my depth where I anchor.

If you’re using bulk rope (not a great idea) then just melt the end to keep it from fraying.

Step 1 would be don’t cut it. If you don’t already have a line just buy a dedicated anchor line of the length you need (100+ Ft).

To properly anchor you can sometimes end up with 7x the water depth worth of line out. At least that’s the guideline. I don’t usually end up using more than 3x my depth where I anchor.

If you’re using bulk rope (not a great idea) then just melt the end to keep it from fraying.
ok thank you

Back