• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Attaching gas struts to tower

craigm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2013 AR240 that we need to lower the tower to get into our boat lift. Could be a couple of times a day when we are at the cabin.
Has anyone attached gas struts to the older style tower to assist with going up and down.
If so what length, pressure and mounting points did you use?
If no one has yet tried this then I guess I will be the first and can share the challenge.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
have you done this? can you share the info? thanks

craigm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ordered the struts and am using Bimini top brackets to attach to the tower. Then will use struts with eyelet ends.
Ordered 30" full open struts.
Expect to play around with the mounting location next weekend and will post some updates.

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Has anyone tried to do this yet? Would love to add gas struts to make this easier to lower.