• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Attempting to quiet the engine.

Backwash

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Removed to original egg crate which seemed worthless. Replaced with Dynamat. Will report back on the amount of noise reduced. But I think it sure looks good and can't see it not improving the whine level. image.jpg

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One of the first "How to" posts I made on the internet was soundproofing my boat after I got it.

I used the engine compartment insulation West Marine sells...since then I've seen cheaper, similar types of insulation. I'm sure Dynamat will help, let us know how that goes.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I used the West Marine stuff too and I think it does the job pretty good. It certainly muffled the whining of the engines, but not the passengers. That's what the upgraded stereo was for. Lol

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I have read that the fuel tank cover being covered also dampens the harmonics pretty good.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You can't remove the fuel tank cover in our generation of boats Mel.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
yes, I know on the pre '07's...

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After reading Glassman's sound-proofing how-to many moons ago, I also got the West Marine engine soundproofing. That stuff is THICK and HEAVY, but it sure does absorb a lot of noise. I'm very curious how the dynamat works out. That stuff is so thin compared to the West Marine stuff its hard to imagine that it can absorb more sound. I believe it works in a different frequency/harmonic range, so a combination of the two might be ideal.