• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Audio folks (Scarab)

FlyNavy76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hi y'all.

I have a 2016 255 HOI and it has the "premium stereo" that includes two tower speakers. I'd like to add two more tower speakers and at least one speaker up under the helm so that I can hear the radio with out blasting out everyone else in the boat.

My dealer is saying that I need to have them install it because of the requirement to do something different to ensure that this boat's alternator won't keep up with certain amp power requirements. Is this true?

Thanks!

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You may want to add a second battery yeah. Although like a lot of us did, I recommend redoing the sound system with different amplifiers. Also consider the wetsounds 420BT Equalizer, you can turn certain speakers up and down individually.

FlyNavy76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
You may want to add a second battery yeah. Although like a lot of us did, I recommend redoing the sound system with different amplifiers. Also consider the wetsounds 420BT Equalizer, you can turn certain speakers up and down individually.
Thanks. I already have a second battery.